Character that most frequently gets on your nerves! - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

View Poll Results: [Blank] Gets on my nerves

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Malcolm

25 24.27%
  • Dewey

11 10.68%
  • Jamie

14 13.59%
  • Reese

4 3.88%
  • Hal

5 4.85%
  • Lois

8 7.77%
  • Francis

3 2.91%
  • Other (Please state who and why, we all want to know!)

33 32.04%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Character that most frequently gets on your nerves!

Daphney also got on my nerves quite a bit. I mean, I don't dislike his character, it's just he is a little like Malcolm...whiny, etc.
    In fact, ALL the Krelboynes, with the exception of Stevie, are whiny and kind of annoying!

It's Dabney... lol

Well, excuuuuuuuuse my grammer, my amigo, Amigo.

You made a good point. All of the Krelboynes were whiny and quite annoying. But they were funny that way.
    Malcolm(to Lois):You can't ban Christmas!!!!!!
    Reese:Yeah!!!! This is the last year Dewey'll believe in Santa!!!!.
    Dewey(shocked):What?!

I could not say which character annoys me, because in saying that might be missing the whole point of their gimmick. Malcolm, I realize, is supposed to come across as arrogant, since being constantly labled as a genius can go to anyones head. But there is a scene in "Grandma Sues" where they're all in their room discussing with dread the outcome of Lois' fifth child. There was something that Malcolm said in that scene that I found perversely infuriating. I believe he chided everyone for speaking selfishly, only to state that he was the one out of all of them with all the potential. Again, I know that its part of his gimmick to be abrasive, arrogant and hypocritical, but if I was one of his brothers at that moment, I would have given him such a slap. The nerve of that kid, did he really think he had it worse than everyone else? I've known people like that in my time. And I'm never reluctant to put them in their place.
    Last edited by Alle; Sep 28, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

That is exactly the reason people think he is an arrogant, whiny brat. What is interesting is that unlike someone who is simply arrogant and doesnt care if they offend people, Malcolm is clueless that it might be offensive. He is trying to apply almost a mathmatical formula in calculating who it is that has the most to lose. As I mentioned in some other thread, he is kind of oblivious that social comments or situations cant be calculated like a math or science problem.

Socially clueless he may be, but even you might be offended if someone spoke to like he did. I know I would. I wonder if all the characters involved in that scene believed what he said was true, or perhaps they were so distracted about Jamies impending birth, that Malcolm's words passed over them. I do believe Malcolm's concerns for his self and his own future blind him to the potential of others, especially those of his own family. Like I said before, if he said those things to me, I would have sent him crashing to planet reality in an instant.

You raise a good point. Sometimes the characters that get on our nerves are supposed to get on our nerves and their doing so is what makes the show.

BTW, welcome October! I haven't had a chance to do that yet! I'm an admin here so feel free to PM myself or of course tjpeople if you ever need anything. Have fun!

Nice to meet you.
    Malcolm(to Lois):You can't ban Christmas!!!!!!
    Reese:Yeah!!!! This is the last year Dewey'll believe in Santa!!!!.
    Dewey(shocked):What?!

we_dye Guest

Jessica - because she is an irritating witch!