Character that most frequently gets on your nerves!

[Blank] Gets on my nerves

• Total voters

Jaret

The most annoying character is that lady that Francis worked for in Alaska. She was so annoying, like Spengler except way worse. Malcolm has NEVER annoyed me. He is amazing in every way. I haven't seen too many of the newer episodes so I don't really know much about Jamie...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But she was supposed to be annoying--well not even annoying as much as just plain mean and negative. Cynthia was created to be annoying.

Melancholic

Despite all the main characters and their incessant whining towards everything *cough* Malcolm *cough*, I had actually been really fed up with Dabney. I have no idea why, but that kid just really got on my nerves. Probably because he was just so nerdy and clingy.... if not Dabney, it may just be one of the other krelboynes. =)

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
This may sound weird, but essentially, I found Stevie slightly annoying at times. It takes so long for him to say something, that even if what he is saying is short, you get bored by the time he is finished.

soche

At first I was going to say Francis...but really he's not annoying, just not present enough. Thinking about it, I'd say Hal's entire family. The way they treated Lois....geez, even if you don't like someone you don't treat them like that. I mean, how hard is it to grin and bear for a day or two every - what - two years? Especially when that person is trying so hard to please you and be polite.

Obeliskos

At first I was going to say Francis...but really he's not annoying, just not present enough. Thinking about it, I'd say Hal's entire family. The way they treated Lois....geez, even if you don't like someone you don't treat them like that. I mean, how hard is it to grin and bear for a day or two every - what - two years? Especially when that person is trying so hard to please you and be polite.

Agreed. I couldn't stand those people. The golf cart scene at the end made up for it though.

MITM_Fan

For me it's, Lois, she get's on my nervs I mean, she shouts alot for no reason, acts kinda weird and on an episode she just said as writen "Dewey come get your cookies while they're still hot".

I know that was acting but it was very much exagerrated.

Malcolm - Never made me upset.
Reese - Funny, stupid but at times smart.
Dewey - Jr. Malcolm
Francis - Replica of Lois (at times)
Jamie - He was given more than he was to take, come on, he was a small kid like 3-4, on the "stash" thing with Dewey that could've been fixed.

Hal - Great character, funny, but some times he took some absurd scenes to play like the bee pushing the car or the haunted house on the ep of halloween.

I'm happy they ended MITM, it would've get stupid, because it could turn out the same thing with different chapters. Just like the Simpsons it's on air for like 20 years, it's not funny anymore and the thing they told which is in HD, that's just not true, because I know what it and what isn't.

Richiepiep

Administrator
None of them really got on my nerves consistently. Or hardly anytime at all, to rephrase that. Bryan Cranston as Hal had a few slapstick encounters with mostly bugs 'n bees that were a bit OTT to me, but he had such a great range of emotions and acting styles at his disposal (I guess the most of the cast) that I easily forgave him.

As for Lois (my favourite character!), Cynthia (Tania Raymonde), Lavernia (Brenda Wehle), the Krelboynes, Grandma Ida (Cloris Leachman) and in fact most of the cast, they were supposed to act stupid and annoying!

Emy Coligado as Piama and Karim Prince as Cadet Stanley were I think two of the very few actors who played sensible characters in a straight way.

I think we should make a distinction here between 'playing an annoying person in a convincing way' and 'having an annoying acting style'!

To me nearly all of the MITM cast were extremely capable of what they were supposed to do. Props to the casting directors, especially when so many kids were involved who don't really have a track record, and consequently can turn out either really lame or completely OTT theatrical. I really don't know how they do it, picking the right actor for everyone from a harridan to a dustman, from a German to a hooligan......

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I don't know what it is, ugh I just don't really find them funny for some reason. Can't put my finger on it.

Kenneth Mars as Otto is from the Mel Brooks school of shtick, which means, yes, it's broad with a lot of mugging, but somehow always hilarious to me, because it's exaggerating a wide range of emotions with perfect timing rather than one-note shtick or mugging for mugging's sake. Same with Cloris Leachman (Ida), who was in three Mel Brooks movies.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but me, but it's hard to explain otherwise.

Rich

Briankelly130

I have two people who are annoying as sin, First of all that woman that followed Lois around during the two part episode where Hal is trying to avoid his boss, she just droned on and on and it was annoying.

Jessica, For the few episodes that she was in it wasn't funny, she was like Lois without the domineering charm that she has, she was just manipulative and whiny and while I admit the whole subplot of making Malcolm and Reese think the other was gay was funny she just didn't work

Craig annoys me for some reason. He's ok in some episodes, it's just he gets annoying after a while.
Francis kinda annoyed me after a while too. I liked him at first when he was at the military school and in Alaska. But when he got married and worked in the dude ranch, his subplots started annoying me.

Jayhost

I picked Lois but thinking about it now I should have picked Francis, lol. He couldn't stop talking about Lois. She was like the only thought on his mind which bugs me. Also, I love Reese, Malcolm, Hal and all the things going at their house that I would get upset when it switched to Francis at the ranch or Alaska, lol. He's just sort of whiny to me and obsessed with his mother.