Does anybody watch malcom in the middle anymore?

MITM_Fan

I do but just I can't really stand Seasons 6 and 7, they're just not as good as the earlier ones. Especially Season 6 Episode 3 where Louis becomes a crazy liberal over nothing.

Gill

I haven't watched this show since maybe the end of middle school, but I was recently browsing through Netflix and was surprised to see it on there! I obviously had to revisit the show and I'm currently on season 4.

I hope the U.S. will get the complete series on DVD eventually! I was stoked to hear that it's released in Europe, but I don't have a region free player, so Netflix will have to do for now. :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
I haven't watched this show since maybe the end of middle school, but I was recently browsing through Netflix and was surprised to see it on there! I obviously had to revisit the show and I'm currently on season 4.

I hope the U.S. will get the complete series on DVD eventually! I was stoked to hear that it's released in Europe, but I don't have a region free player, so Netflix will have to do for now. :)
Hi Gill!

Good to see you back on the forum! Well, I don't have Netflix, but it's really envouraging to hear that it's still shown on that channel.

Of course, I have all the DVDs (and some of them in different editions, Season 1 in the original US, British, French AND German versions, silly me!), but I must admit I hardly ever watch them now, unless it is to check some scene, dialogue or song, in order to identify a picture, check a statement, or answer a question on this forum.

It's not that I no longer like the series, it's more that I've moved on to lots of other things (books, magazines, other TV, like documentaries, software, games), and MITM is more like a professional interest to me, as I keep a moderator's eye on this site now, and still have a huge backlog of more than 4,000 Malcolm-related photos I'll have to upload in the near future!

So I concentrate on that far more than watching the series 'as is', which is a pity really, but I'm sure I'll come back to MITM in a while just to sit back and enjoy the comedy and mayhem.

Best,

Rich

Last edited:

Gill

Hi Gill!

Good to see you back on the forum! Well, I don't have Netflix, but it's really envouraging to hear that it's still shown on that channel.

Of course, I have all the DVDs (and some of them in different editions, Season 1 in the original US, British, French AND German versions, silly me!), but I must admit I hardly ever watch them now, unless it is to check some scene, dialogue or song, in order to identify a picture, check a statement, or answer a question on this forum.

It's not that I no longer like the series, it's more that I've moved on to lots of other things (books, magazines, other TV, like documentaries, software, games), and MITM is more like a professional interest to me, as I keep a moderator's eye on this site now, and still have a huge backlog of more than 4,000 Malcolm-related photos I'll have to upload in the near future!

So I concentrate on that far more than watching the series 'as is', which is a pity really, but I'm sure I'll come back to MITM in a while just to sit back and enjoy the comedy and mayhem.

Best,

Rich

Hey Richie, it's good to see you too! :)

I moved on from MITM a few years ago as well because I was busy with school and started getting really interested in films. If it wasn't for my TV Literacy class this semester, I don't think I would've revisited the show any time soon. Now I kind of have to because I'm writing a final paper on MITM. I only hope it doesn't ruin my viewing experience!

I hope you get a chance to rewatch the show and enjoy it for its craziness. It's still as funny as I remember it and there were also a few episodes I hadn't seen before, which was surprising but awesome.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi Gill,

Thanks a lot for your reply! This TV Literacy course sounds really interesting, and it's totally cool to me that you are writing your final paper on MITM! :2thumbsup:

I would love to see your paper on this site, by the way, if you feel like publishing it here. I sure hope you do!

By the way, do you know this site? It's a huge tome of information on stylistic features, often recurrent patterns or even clichés if you like, of TV programs:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle?from=Main.MalcolmInTheMiddle

I hope (expect?!) you can get something out of it. If you click 'Media' in the top bar, you'll also find links to radio, films, games, books, blogs, comics, fine art (paintings, sculpture) and what have you. It's kind of overwhelming, really! And remember to click 'Show Spoilers', of course!

Best wishes,

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gill - We'd be super pleased to post your paper on our front page if you wanted :) Drop me a message if you're interested.

Widescreen

over here in new zealand they played reruns on free tv for years and years on 2 tv channels one was tv3 and other was c4 that was years latter renamed to four then a couple of years latter it was changed to bravo and they played it on a tv channel on sky tv called box but now they don't play it on tv anymore but when it was on free tv i watched it just about every time it was on ive seen every ep of the show at least 6 times

MITM97

yea, i give the show a re-visit every 2 years or so.
never gets old for me

Same here! Except I feel I have been quite addicted in the past, I've watched the show about 4 times in its entirety since I first started watching it in the summer of 2013, been hooked ever since even though I watch the show a little less I still watch it on a bi-monthly basis at the least.