Passing it On..

Ollie

Long time since i posted, I've been watching all of the episodes of Malcolm with my younger brother now i feel as though he's at the right age to enjoy it. I've been looking forward to showing him since he was little and he loves it! We're on Season 7, with 4 episodes to go now.

I also try and get my friends into it and put it on sometimes for us to watch.. They all start to like it and no one ever hasn't.

It's my favourite TV show of all time, ever and so I'll always spread the word when asked about it, it's great when I find people that love it as much as I do..

When I have kids I'm going to sit them down and get them to watch it start to finish (not all at once of course :p), whether they want to or not :p .. I can imagine them thinking like "OMG what is this quality like its not even 4D" or something.. As if I'm showing them black & white haha.

Basically, my point is, I'm going to pass down my love of Malcolm to my kids who will hopefully do the same throughout the generations, and to anyone I can because I know it'll never die.

Anyone else going to show this amazing tv show to their kids? It might even teach them a lesson in life or two haha, (reminds me of hal's wise quotes to Francis when he turns 21). Just a thought anyways.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi Ollie,

Thank you for sharing these inspiring and well-written words! :D

Great to hear that your younger brother loves MITM too! How old is he? And it's a good thing that all your friends at least can see what's special about it, and don't debunk it - well, as friends they shouldn't, but you get the gist.

I got some friends of mine to borrow the first Season on DVD from me, and they watched all episodes and loved them. They had three young children themselves at the time, so I bet they could 'appreciate' the chaos and the craziness of it. And of course, there was always some method in the madness, it wasn't random or just plain slapstick or destructive.

As you can see, I'm a bit older, so with friends mostly in their forties and early fifties, it's always a bit hard to turn them on to long-running series, because it's quite a commitment, it's a bit of 'been there, seen that', as we grew up with series like Married with Children, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, but also Twin Peaks, The Wonder Years etc., there's often two jobs to juggle now, homemaking, children, hobbies for a lot of us.

I don't have children myself, which makes me a bit privileged in some respects, but deficient in others I guess.

I always find myself a bit startled when I read about parents making children sit through series or movies they enjoyed when they were young. I mean, wouldn't it be lame to them now, boring, slow, corny, crappy special effects and so on? But quite often, they do seem to enjoy them - that is, if it isn't wishful thinking on the author's part, and they can appreciate the quality regardless of black and white images, grainy visuals and slow development.

I guess it's the same with music. Among the teenagers of today, you'll always find quite a few Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, Doors, Nirvana or Bob Marley fans, and it's not just One Direction, Beliebers, rap and r 'n b.

So I guess there's still hope! ;)

Let's keep passing it on and keep the faith alive!

Best,

Rich

Last edited:

Dewey Muhammadov

You are right, I will pass the torch to, but I have one problem, we need to get the DVD package in order to do that, I have some crappy tor-rented episodes that I have got in my external hardrive and till today we still watch it on our PS3 which acts as DVD player.

Malcolm in the Middle will always stay the best.

Richiepiep

Administrator
You are right, I will pass the torch to, but I have one problem, we need to get the DVD package in order to do that, I have some crappy tor-rented episodes that I have got in my external hardrive and till today we still watch it on our PS3 which acts as DVD player.

Malcolm in the Middle will always stay the best.

What is the problem you have with getting the DVDs? There is a full British set now, the French Showshank are getting the final season ready for release, and the first three seasons have appeared on German DVDs.

Too expensive to import? Or do you have trouble with the region 2-encoding for these sets? If you can hook up your PC to your TV set, there are a number of software players or add-ons that enable you to play DVDs regardless of region, such as VLC Media Player.

Best,

Rich

Dewey Muhammadov

Oh I meant the quality, are they good, I will save up money to get em'. I wish it was 720p, as they said in the Wikipedia page, I live in America, I knew about the region issue, they only released the first season and that's it.