Is this the end?

A White Rebel

View attachment 962

Is this the end? Sadly with everything comes an end. One day every Breaking Bad and Call of a Duty forum will come to an utter end. I rewatch MITM for it is the realm of my adolescence. The fact that it is no longer bestowed in the mainstream is ornery. Shows like MITM, Married with Children and King of the Hill will never leave my heart. This is not a goodbye, but a recollection.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, I wouldn't say, the end, but certainly a general lack of activity.

As you say, there's a certain buzz around a series while it is on, like MITM and Breaking Bad, and after that interest wanes and peters out, although there'll always be die-hard fans, who can watch episodes over and over, pick them apart and turn them inside out.

And after a decade or two or so, nostalgia kicks in, and there'll often be renewed enthusiasm, but not on the scale of the first run.

It's a natural process, and while it's sad, it is to be expected that it works that way.

On the other hand, let's not forget all the information we've gathered here, and the times it gets accessed by especially occasional visitors. There may be little interaction, but there's a whole lot to be found.

When MITM reappeared on Netflix nearly three years ago, a thread about this event has been accessed more than 12,000 times. The DVD releases, just two years ago: more than 36,000 views. People may not react, but they sure read it.

Just four years ago, I started putting up offcial promotion and episode stills in our Gallery. Each of them has since been viewed about 1,000 times, up to 25,000 times!

So, an active community, no, but a massive and valuable archive, a resounding 'Yes', I would say!

And we surely intend to keep it up even if just for that purpose!

Best,

Rich

Last edited:

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
Exactly Rich!
This place is a treasure trove of info!:) (and it's still expanding on that part)

A lot of forums went silent when social media like facebook became popular. (I still miss certain tiny clubs and hilarious discussions) It also depends how strong of a fanbase it's got that makes people willing to come to one place to discuss it.

I'm for one not going anywhere.

Dewey Muhammadov

Well, I wouldn't say, the end, but certainly a general lack of activity.

As you say, there's a certain buzz around a series while it is on, like MITM and Breaking Bad, and after that interest wanes and peters out, although there'll always be die-hard fans, who can watch episodes over and over, pick them apart and turn them inside out.

And after a decade or two or so, nostalgia kicks in, and there'll often be renewed enthusiasm, but not on the scale of the first run.

It's a natural process, and while it's sad, it is to be expected that it works that way.

On the other hand, let's not forget all the information we've gathered here, and the times it gets accessed by especially occasional visitors. There may be little interaction, but there's a whole lot to be found.

When MITM reappeared on Netflix nearly three years ago, a thread about this event has been accessed more than 12,000 times. The DVD releases, just two years ago: more than 36,000 views. People may not react, but they sure read it.

Just four years ago, I started putting up offcial promotion and episode stills in our Gallery. Each of them has since been viewed about 1,000 times, up to 25,000 times!

So, an active community, no, but a massive and valuable archive, a resounding 'Yes', I would say!

And we surely intend to keep it up even if just for that purpose!

Best,

Rich

Malcolm in the middle forum has helped me a lot, when looking for some scenes and understanding character, so I have evolved from being a Lurker to a User