Lost scene?

cadetspangler

In the original opening (the one shown for "Pilot and Red Dress") there is a scene of a toilet exploding right before it cuts to Chris Masterson's name...I heard there was a different cold opening for Red Dress where Malcolm sprayed his krelboyne class w/ cold toilet water...this must be it since I think I can see Stevie in the scene...um, where can I watch it? :confused:

Richiepiep

Administrator
This is, as you guessed, from a discarded S1 cold opening for "Red Dress", where the Krelboynes do an experiment with a toilet.

It's on the S1 DVD Special Features in both the American and the British version, section "Cold Opens", called "Goggles".

"Crapopoly" is another one not used, which gave its name to one of our boards.

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, hang on a sec ;)

The set of S1 DVDs, whether you get the American or British version, is superb value for money for its 24 dollars or 16 pounds, as it contains running episode commentary by the cast and crew, bloopers, deleted scenes, a documentary, interviews, promotion videos and such you won't find anywhere else.

Also, you have to remember that whatever videos you can find from Malcolm on YouTube, Dailymotion, Tudou, Metacafe and other sites are likely to get removed soon because of copyright claims from various producers and distributors. It's happened so many times that it's not really worth trying this option or offering links.

There may be a bittorrent for this stuff, but I guess it's mostly unavailable by now - too few 'seeds'.

Rich