Reese, never tested for Buseys?

admin

Retired Administrator
As a tangent to my previous thread on Dewey, it got me thinking about why Reese was never put in the Busey class. Obviously he should have been since he gave Dewey the answers for the "test".

There are many examples that show Reese's stupidity in earlier seasons, but he managed to avoid the Buseys class.​

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I think Reese was never put in with the Buseys because he was never tested for anything. The Busey's aren't just "slow" students, they're also emotionally disturbed. They found out that Dewey should be in the Buseys because he was tested for the Krelboynes. The test showed that he was emotionally disturbed, otherwise, he wouldn't be in there. But Reese doesn't really come off as being emotionally disturbed to me, he's just not that smart. I guess he is though--according Dewey's test results :cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
This is a good case for the Darkest Secrets thread; the school never found out that Reese took it, although Lois did. :)

Wemboy

In the episode Krelboyne Picnic, it's implied that Reese is in some form of special class. Lois is trying to drum up enthusiasm, and says that the Krelboynes must "be nicer than the people in Reese's class. What a horrible bunch of people!", or something like that. This has never been elaborated on as far as i'm aware, so I think this means he is probably in a class for less able students, but not actually emotionally troubled kids like the Buseys. This would seem about right for Reese.

Kratos

That was a intresting question, thanks for bringing it up and explaining. :) I dont think Reese would work that well without him being how he is. It shows him as a caring and sensitive when he does some of the rare nice things... I dont think we would get that if he was in the Busey's... anyway he had to repeat the year so that was a nice touch. I wonder if he will be in any of Malcolm's classes.