Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1 - 7 been released on DVD in Australia

Kirben

Shock Records are releasing DVD sets of seasons 1 - 7, along with a complete series DVD set on 4th September 2013 in Australia. I expect the masters are the same as the DVD releases in the UK, so I doubt there will be any improvements.

Richiepiep

Administrator
This is really interesting, Kirben, because it shows us the artwork for the 7th season and the boxset before they're even out on the Fabulous Films and the Amazon websites! :thumbup:

And they're even going to do promotion for it on TV, in TV guides, newspapers, magazines and on the radio! :2thumbsup:

Man, I'd wish we'd had that!

Sounds great!

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks for these updates! It's remarkable that the sleeves are exactly the same as for the current British releases, apart from the rating logos of course.

I don't know how this works exactly in the rights department, i.e. if these releases are done together with any of the British parties, Fremantle Media, Fabulous Films, or the American Hollywood Classics.

Rich

P.S. As you may have seen, I've added the Australian promotional ads to our Gallery section:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1189

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks, Kirben! Isn't it weird (but great for Australia, of course) that this box set is coming out before the British release, which isn't even shown yet anywhere?

I also see "Volumes 1-4" appear on the sleeve you posted now. I wonder what that means?

Rich

Kirben

Shock Records are releasing a Collectors Edition of the complete series DVD on 5th November 2014, I expect it will just be different packaging.

Kirben

The Fabulous Films logo is on the back covers, so the video quality would be the same as the UK releases.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Shock Records are releasing a Collectors Edition of the complete series DVD on 5th November 2014, I expect it will just be different packaging.
Thanks, Kirben! Normally I would have added a 'Thank you'-tag, but all of them appear to have vanished with the upgrade, as well as the option to do so. Is there an announcement with an image yet in their dealer guide? I haven't been able to find it.

Rich

Kirben

Shock Records added the dealers guide (Acrobat PDF) for November 2014. The Collectors Edition is listed on page 11, showing a T-Shirt which will be included, but the actual packaging isn't shown.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi Kirben,

Thanks a lot for the info. It's a nice touch they include a T-shirt. It's just typical (or topical ;)) the shirt only sports a picture of Bryan Cranston now, from the crazy racewalking sequence in Malcolm Holds His Tongue (4x07), not of Frankie.

It's clever marketing, now that Bryan is the cool in-demand actor of Breaking Bad.

I will add the picture to the Gallery.

This is the original photo they used for the T-shirt:

Malcolm-in-the-Middle-4x07-Malcolm-Holds-His-Tongue-MITMVC-1.jpg

Rich

Attachments

• Malcolm-in-the-Middle-4x07-Malcolm-Holds-His-Tongue-MITMVC-1.jpg
    Malcolm-in-the-Middle-4x07-Malcolm-Holds-His-Tongue-MITMVC-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0