Frankie Muniz touring the UK with band Kingsfoil!

Richiepiep

Administrator
https://www.facebook.com/kingsfoil/app_123966167614127

P.S. Not all these venues listed may be correct. Check at the appropriate ticket sites.

May 17 University of Hertfordshire Hatfield, Hertfordshire
May 18 Surrey University Guildford, Surrey
May 23 Walkabout Nottingham, Nottingham
May 24 Empire Basildon Basildon, Essex
May 24 3sixty STUDENTS UNION Reading, Berkshire
May 25 UWE Bristol, Bristol
May 29 Keele University Union, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire
May 30 Sin City Swansea, Swansea

ShaunDunn

Holy, this kid is tough. He has suffered a mini stroke and still continues to perform well. Hats off to Frankie! :cool:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, you're right about that! Frankie is not one to give up. He's always been active in other fields, like sports (golf, basketball (despite his short staure) and especially car racing) and drumming, beside his acting.

I wish I could go to his live shows, but I don't live in the UK, so that would be too expensive.

Rich

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Meh. Frankly, I think his music sucks. Shitty pop-rock love songs for teenagers.

I think it's funny that they're touring students unions and not proper venues. :lol:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Ha, yes, I guess it is pop-rock. Not that there's something wrong with that, if it's done well. You gotta start at some kind of venue, right? Hanson also toured students' unions in the UK some time ago. Any similarities? ;)

I was recently reading their Allmusic entry, it shows they've been toiling away for ten years without much success. I hope there isn't too much focus on Frankie, as there seems to be now, also in the entry, a bit disparagingly. They also give poor Frankie a tilde: Muñiz.

"Forming in 2002, the band made four albums (Blueprints, Last Man Standing, Bear in the Attic, and On Our Own Together) before child star and drummer Frankie Muñiz (of Malcolm in the Middle and Agent Cody Banks) joined up with vocalist Jordan Davis, guitarist Tristan Martin, and bassist Tim Warren. The band -- or rather, Muñiz -- made headlines throughout 2012 as he and the band toured with Third Eye Blind to promote the release of Beating Heart Is a Bleeding Heart."

After all, unless you're Keith Moon, Don Henley of The Eagles or Dave Grohl (who wisely gave up his place behind the kit), there shouldn't be that much focus on the drummer.

Look who's saying that :w00t:.

Rich

ShaunDunn

Meh. Frankly, I think his music sucks. Shitty pop-rock love songs for teenagers.

I think it's funny that they're touring students unions and not proper venues. :lol:

Kingsfoil isn't bad, it isn't the absolute worst stuff i have ever heard.

I don't know the band members, but it probably comes down to the money they are willing to invest, their marketing and blah, blah, blah. :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, I think that Kingsfoil's music, when you take the largely undesirable focus away from Frankie, is engaging and accessible enough to get a larger audience.

What I dislike about the band though, is that, if you apparently want to produce rock with some balls and a touch of melancholy, it all regrettably comes out so evened out, bland and sterile. I don't really know if I can blame this on the band, though, it's what is wrong with the music industry as a whole, that it totally stamps out any sense of dynamics and has everything drenched in copycat autotune, sampled sounds and endlessly overdubbed choruses. In this way, every tune, even a good one, or one with good lyrics, turns into a throwaway banality.

It's just production line music basically, and I wonder which band can take the risk of breaking out of that stifling mold.

Rich