Jane Kaczmarek to star in Gavin & Stacey US remake

Tyno

Malcolm-France
I'm a bit surprised nobody's mentioned it, so here it is: An American version of Gavin & Stacey, called Us & Them, will be made into a series on FOX. The production will follow two lovers trying to make a long distance relationship work.

Jane Kaczmarek will be playing Pam, Gavin's mum, which I find really exciting as it's one of the most funny and eccentric characters in the original. Alexis Bledel and Jason Ritter will play the lead roles in this US remake.

On Monday, FOX will unveil a trailer for the series as well as premiere date - it's thought that the 13-episodes first season will premiere in January 2014.

I'm not a big fan of remakes in general, but I have to say I'm really excited about this. Gavin & Stacey is one of my favourite comedy series and I have high hopes on this US version!

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks, Tyno. Great to hear this! Jane richly deserves another recurring role in a (hopefully) hit series.

I'm not familiar with "Gavin & Stacey". It's virtually unknown in Holland, as few people can receive BBC3 (digital-only, extended subscription), and to my knowledge hasn't been shown on any Dutch channel.

Looking forward to follow-up news,

Rich

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Here's the trailer:

The series will debut mid-season, which means January 2014 at best.

The pilot seems to be a carbon copy of the original. Great to see Kaczmarek back in business though!

Last edited by a moderator: