If you owned a TV channel, what audience would you aim MITM at

if you owned a TV channell, what would be your target audience for MITM

• 0-6 (you may think this is a strange idea, but I know a 5 year old who is crazy about it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-9

• 9-12

• adult (21-50)

• middle aged people (50-70)

• the elderly (70 and up)

• Total voters

PatrickGaffey

Malcolm has a target audience of both adults and children, but if you owned a TV channel, who would you aim it at. TV channels usually aim TV shows by using adverts, you can see by an advert what age group a show is aimed at. Also, any TV show shown after the watershed our (9.00 at night) is usually aimed at adults.:)

Blauge

My target audience would be 16 to 35 years old, particularly males. Why? Because young people can easily identify themselves with the MITM kids and the twenty or thirty-somethings look back on their own childhood/youth in a kind of nostalgically idealized way.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I agree with Blauge here. Some network controllers squarely aimed MITM at kids on children-oriented channels, which I think was wrong. Even on TeenNick, if it gets surrounded by stuff like iCarly, Naked Brothers Band, True Jackson and Big Time Rush, it would reflect badly on MITM - unless it happened to be the other way around, of course, but I don't think that's how viewer appreciation works. ;)

I think early evening programming (7 to 9 p.m.) on for instance Comedy Central, with a demographic of older teens and adults, was a good idea.

That would mean a slot between sitcoms like Friends, That 70s Show, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Scrubs, 30 Rock etc., which is exactly what they did.

Of course I would prefer a complete show without commercials, but I guess that's just not realistic, unless you have PBS or similar public broadcasters in Europe.

Rich

Last edited: