If you owned a TV channel, what audience would you aim MITM at
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

View Poll Results: if you owned a TV channell, what would be your target audience for MITM

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-6 (you may think this is a strange idea, but I know a 5 year old who is crazy about it)

0 0%
  • 6-9

0 0%
  • 9-12

0 0%
  • 12-18

2 28.57%
  • young adult (18-21)

2 28.57%
  • adult (21-50)

0 0%
  • middle aged people (50-70)

0 0%
  • the elderly (70 and up)

0 0%
  • all of the above

2 28.57%
  • other

1 14.29%

Thread: If you owned a TV channel, what audience would you aim MITM at

Default If you owned a TV channel, what audience would you aim MITM at

Malcolm has a target audience of both adults and children, but if you owned a TV channel, who would you aim it at. TV channels usually aim TV shows by using adverts, you can see by an advert what age group a show is aimed at. Also, any TV show shown after the watershed our (9.00 at night) is usually aimed at adults.

i choose 12-18 years old that the main target audience that the show aimed at
    Last edited by malcolmfa; Apr 30, 2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: because c was in aimed insted of d
    nathan

My target audience would be 16 to 35 years old, particularly males. Why? Because young people can easily identify themselves with the MITM kids and the twenty or thirty-somethings look back on their own childhood/youth in a kind of nostalgically idealized way.

I agree with Blauge here. Some network controllers squarely aimed MITM at kids on children-oriented channels, which I think was wrong. Even on TeenNick, if it gets surrounded by stuff like iCarly, Naked Brothers Band, True Jackson and Big Time Rush, it would reflect badly on MITM - unless it happened to be the other way around, of course, but I don't think that's how viewer appreciation works.

I think early evening programming (7 to 9 p.m.) on for instance Comedy Central, with a demographic of older teens and adults, was a good idea.

That would mean a slot between sitcoms like Friends, That 70s Show, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Scrubs, 30 Rock etc., which is exactly what they did.

Of course I would prefer a complete show without commercials, but I guess that's just not realistic, unless you have PBS or similar public broadcasters in Europe.

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; May 1, 2014 at 05:45 PM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!