Music is the window to the soul

Dew_Fan

Some people say that "Music is the window to the soul", and i believe them because music is a big part of my life, can't go a day without listening to something.

To me, it expresses my thoughts about life without having to tell people, all they have to do is listen. Tell what it means to you?

My favorite song right now is Right Now by Staind.

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
I can't imagine a life without music. It's like trying to live without breathing.

I have a somewhat ridiculously broad music taste. My main love though is rock and jazz.

I play guitar and percussion. I would love to learn to play the piano and drums too. (and bass guitar :rolleyes:) I just love musical instruments in general.

When I'm working I always have music playing either in the background or with headphones on. It seems like without it I can't do my work properly. I’m my own boss so I’m not bothering anyone with it luckily. :cool:

Dew_Fan

I couldn't agree with you more and that is cool that you own your own business. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of business is it and how did you start learning to play the guitar, I have always wanted to learn, just never knew where to begin.

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
I'm a goldsmith & artist. Besides jewelry I make lots of other things such as knight helmets and swords. (Not of steel, they are more stage props.)

I took guitar lessons when I was in highschool. That's how I learned the basics. But the quickest way I learned it was to play in a band. It makes you very inventive. Nowadays you can also find great (free) lessons online.
If you really want to learn to play guitar, don't buy a starter-pack but save up so you can buy something better. There are tons of reviews of guitars out there but the best way to pick one is to take a friend who plays guitar with you when you want to buy one. ;)

Last edited:

Dew_Fan

Great tips and that is really cool job, sounds fun and interesting. Right now I am trying to get a band together, I would be lead vocals, its just hard to find people that are interested. What type of band were you in and how did it get started?

Karin

Staff - The One Who Mods
I started a band with a friend from school. We were actually pitching ideas in class and asked around if anyone played an instrument and/or was interested. That is how we got a band together. My friend was able to borrow a drum kit and we could practice in her father’s workshop in the weekends. It didn’t lasted very long because we all separated ways but was a cool experience nonetheless.

If you’re still in school/college it is easy to ask around if anyone plays an instrument and would be interested. (you can also ask friends if they know anyone who plays an instrument and if they think he or she would fit the band) Make sure you have people in your band you feel comfortable with, any friction between band members can become ten times worse over time. ;)