EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

This looks like both good and bad news. Good news is we get the extended pilot. Bad news is that I compared the episode lenghts to the US DVD versions, and unfortunately the shorter episode length means that they will have the dreaded PAL 4% speedup

Hell no!!! I just saw this, they say the exact same thing on the bottom of the page...

That sucks, + we don't get French, German and Spanish versions... i think i'm gonna wait for a U.S release.

But I thought we all already knew this would have PAL speedup, being a UK release it's impossible that it wouldn't. It's probably never getting a US release because of music clearance costs (unless it sells REALLY well in the UK) and maybe there might be a Blu-ray release in the future from Fabulous Films in the UK. HD and no speed-up!!!

I think it's a bit weird that the Fabulous Films website is still out of order, and that, while the S1 release is due in two weeks, there isn't any cover image on display on the Amazon sites. Surely there isn't some kind of snag?

On the other hand, the release is even listed on the most popular Dutch online media shop, bol.com:

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/dvd/malcolm-...901/index.html

(for those interested in this kind of info, bol.com used to be the web outlet of the German publisher Bertelsmann, it's an abbreviation of Bertelsmann On-Line)

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Mar 26, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

On the Fabulous Film's facebook page, somebody asked as to why the release date had been removed from Play.com, and Fabulous Films responded with 'confident of an April 16 release' before then writing 'Oops.. Sorry.. we're still doing tests on the masters.. please ignore previous comment.. The release date is TBC.. Thanks..', so it's not looking good I'm afraid.

Yeah, I've noticed that Fabulous Films is used to delay almost all of their releases... but they do come out in the end.

However, I think we'll have to wait a lot longer to get the whole series on DVD. A series per month is quite unrealistic. I've contacted them a month ago (so that was before anything was delayed) and they already said that releases should end in early 2013, so you can already forget about the complete box set for Christmas.

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com

It was me who asked on their Facebook page. It's a shame that there are delays (another company, Revelation, who I believe are connected with Fabulous in some way, acquired LA Law and Two Guys And A Girl from Fox recently, and planned release dates for every season of both are already on Play.com - it would be great if it was the same for Malcolm) but on the other hand, I'm still really happy that they're being released.. I've waited ten years, I can wait a couple of extra months..

Amazon is now showing the release date as June 30th, 2012. I'm hoping the reason for this is so they can get to work on the next few seasons and hopefully get at least one out every two months or so...

Fabulous Films just confirmed a June release date.

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com

From Facebook:
    "June is the scheduled month for the DVD release of Season 1.. We are still scheduling the remaining seasons.. subsequent seasons may follow on a monthly and some on a bi-monthly basis."

By bi-monthly, do you think they mean twice a month or once every two months?

Amazon, HMV and Play.com all updated the release date for season 1 to June 4.
    Last edited by Tyno; Apr 2, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com