EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 22
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store




Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 297

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands (i.e. 'Holland') ;)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,358

    Default




    Returning to the original topic of this thread, I decided to put my money where my mouth was, and order all seasons of MITM on DVD from Fabulous Films!

    Whatever its shortcomings - and I know lots of complaints are valid - it is at least my conviction that if we don't pay for official releases on DVD, or downloads or streaming through iTunes, Netflix and the like, we will never get any high-def releases, bonus features, interviews or looks behind the scenes, because the industry will consider spending any amount on re-releasing the series a bad deal.

    Just saying.

    Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jul 3, 2013 at 08:38 PM.


    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.


    Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Returning to the original topic of this thread, I decided to put my money where my mouth was, and order all seasons of MITM on DVD from Fabulous Films!

    Whatever its shortcomings - and I know lots of complaints are valid - it is at least my conviction that if we don't pay for official releases on DVD, or downloads or streaming through iTunes, Netflix and the like, we will never get any high-def releases, bonus features, interviews or looks behind the scenes, because the industry will consider spending any amount on re-releasing the series a bad deal.

    Just saying.

    Rich
    I guess that's a good way to ensure there's a possibility of a Blu-ray release in future, to support the current release and show there is demand for Malcolm. I've been thinking of buying season 1, but the issues with that is being opened up to widescreen, revealing crew members, ect. I'd have bought it in a shot if it was in 4:3. Having said that, i'm sure there's ways round it (covering parts of the television with cardboard)

    Does any scenes on the season 1 release have the picture zoomed in to hide goofs? (such as the later season episode with Lois and Malcolm in the car, where Malcolm can be heard talking, but his mouth isn't moving when he's seen in the back) so Fabulous zoomed in to hide this, but it wouldn't have been present if they just stuck to the original aspect ratio.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands (i.e. 'Holland') ;)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    That's a very good question, BBC2, but it's a tricky one I'll have to look into. There's also the matter of 'overscan': edges of the image that will show up or not depending on the monitor size (computer or TV screen) you're using.

    For instance, crew members' hands or visible sides of walls that annoyed me on my PC screen were not visible on my TV screen.

    I think that S1 sometimes uses blacked-out patches to obscure light stands, 'French flags' or 'scrims' (screens to block or scatter incoming light). I don't know about zooms.

    See attachments from "Home Alone 4".

    Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.


    Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    That's a very good question, BBC2, but it's a tricky one I'll have to look into. There's also the matter of 'overscan': edges of the image that will show up or not depending on the monitor size (computer or TV screen) you're using.

    For instance, crew members' hands or visible sides of walls that annoyed me on my PC screen were not visible on my TV screen.

    I think that S1 sometimes uses blacked-out patches to obscure light stands, 'French flags' or 'scrims' (screens to block or scatter incoming light). I don't know about zooms.

    See attachments from "Home Alone 4".

    Rich
    The random black bars popping up is bad enough, and from the screenshots, it doesn't look like they always attempted to hide the goofs, the whole thing is a bit of a mess. Seeing them really takes you out of the moment. The crew member pushing Stevie's wheelchair is the worst i've seen!

    At least when it's shown on Channel 5's digital channel, they show it in 4:3. Though the advantage of the DVD there is no commercials and no announcers talking over/ squeezing credits.

    I wonder how many copies they have to sell before they think is enough to warrant a high definition release. Season 7 is the last one still to be announced, then probably a complete boxset, perhaps that'll sell well towards the festive period?
    Last edited by BBC2; Jul 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands (i.e. 'Holland') ;)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBC2 View Post
    I wonder how many copies they have to sell before they think is enough to warrant a high definition release. Season 7 is the last one still to be announced, then probably a complete boxset, perhaps that'll sell well towards the festive period?
    That's anyone's guess, alas! The few thousand copies per season they've been selling so far sure is disappointing for such a long-awaited release, at least as it was considered to be. But then again everything is in turmoil right now due to all the possible options of downloads, streaming, on demand channels, multiplatform releases etc., so I wonder who's got any idea in the industry right now what might be a profitable course for the future and what not.

    Yes, my guess is the boxset will be coming out around Christmas, and you can see right now already that prices are coming down for individual seasons, around 15 quid for each (I've been ordering nearly all of them from Fantastic Films, which appears to be Fabulous' outlet, via Amazon, by the way), so it may be worth waiting.

    Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.


    Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Someone who has a big heart, could upload dvdrip episodes (at good res, 700x400) so I can muxit with my native language audio (italian). I don't have enough money to buy the dvdset just to get the video, because the audio will be form my broadcasted episodes. Thanks

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I emailed Richard at Fabulous Films asking when S7 was expected to be released, and he said hopefully in September. Not too long until our collections will be complete

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Need help for language plz

    Hello everybody, I am French and I would like to buy the seasons of Malcom in the middle. The problem it is because I find no information if there is a VF (french version) or not on DVD uk. I thank you for your help(assistant). Cordially

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands (i.e. 'Holland') ;)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Hi Cotillard,

    Bienvenu sur notre forum!

    (Nice screenname by the way, reminds me of Marion, the actress!)

    Dommage pour toi, but the recent DVD releases in the UK have no subtitles or dubbed language tracks whatsoever, except for Season 1, which has English subtitles.

    On the French Malcolm site www.malcolm-france.com, Alexandre Gennevois has written an excellent article why DVD releases, especially in other languages, are so hard to put out these days:

    http://www.malcolm-france.com/news.php?id=355

    If you can play Region 1 DVDs on your TV set or on your PC, so discs produced in the US, perhaps it's a good idea to buy at least the old US DVD release of Season 1 from 2002 (which is the only one released in this format), which does have a French dubbed track.

    This would be the version to get:

    Malcolm US DVD Region 1 on Amazon

    Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jul 22, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.


    Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •