EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 21
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm thinking about buying one of the earlier seasons (s1-4) on DVD (haven't decided which one, however). But I was wondering for those of you who own them, what is the quality like? Is it better than the torrents on the internet (which are really awful, especially the first few seasons)?
    Well, I would get them, especially S1, because this one comes with loads of extras like commentaries and stuff behind the scenes.

All MITM episodes on the DVDs are in widescreen, and although they're not in high-def of course, their resolution is 720x480 pixels.

I checked my downloads, and even the better are only 480x272 (mp4) and 624x352 (avi), so you get much better quality from the DVDs.

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jun 9, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Much appreciated. I've made a couple of tributes to the show and I just wanted to try and get the best quality clips/episodes I could find or buy. This show means a lot to me.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Much appreciated. I've made a couple of tributes to the show and I just wanted to try and get the best quality clips/episodes I could find or buy. This show means a lot to me.
    Yes, fine, the series means a lot to all of us, so we'd like to see the buzz continued in one way or another, and these DVDs are a good way to rekindle interest and keep the ball rolling.

If you want to know more about this release, just read up on the thread above, and you'll find most of the nitty-gritty, even more than you'd care to know perhaps!

About the tributes you've made, that's nice to hear. What are they like? Would you like to share them with us?

Best,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Yes, fine, the series means a lot to all of us, so we'd like to see the buzz continued in one way or another, and these DVDs are a good way to rekindle interest and keep the ball rolling.

If you want to know more about this release, just read up on the thread above, and you'll find most of the nitty-gritty, even more than you'd care to know perhaps!
    Thanks! I will check out the rest of the thread for sure.

About the tributes you've made, that's nice to hear. What are they like? Would you like to share them with us?

Best,

Rich
    You can check them out if you'd like. Here are the YT links for my two tributes thus far. Just promise to watch in HD! They're nothing special, but the fact that nobody has made any tributes to the show just made me a little sad, and I had to make some for that reason. I made the second just recently.

Last edited by Richiepiep; Jun 15, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

I received my season 1 DVDs and the quality is very good, was almost surprised And it also has some neat extras, haven't fund time to watch them all, but looks nice. Overall season 1 was very worth it.

Now maybe i'll buy season 2 as well

Thanks! I tried posting the links to my tributes, but it doesn't (or hasn't?) posted yet.

Thanks! I tried posting the links to my tributes, but it doesn't (or hasn't?) posted yet.
    Your post is now visible, it was accidentally caught in our software as spam. Sorry.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by toplol View Post
    I received my season 1 DVDs and the quality is very good, was almost surprised And it also has some neat extras, haven't fund time to watch them all, but looks nice. Overall season 1 was very worth it.

Now maybe i'll buy season 2 as well
    Fine, that's a great thing to hear!

Yes, Season 1 is a great release - we have to thank Fox for that back in 2002 I suppose, and Fabulous for re-releasing this one in widescreen with all the content intact, even the two versions of the pilot episode.

But you have to remember that from S2 onwards, there will be no extras whatsoever, not even subtitles.

Fabulous tried, but got no cooperation from Fox or casting agents, and there was no budget to clear additional copyright issues on dubbing and the like, or to add extras of their own making, alas.

Rich

Hi Mandy (I guess, andbreatheme),

I applied a little edit to your post, to add the correct link to the second vid, and to enclose them in our special YouTube-tags, to make them appear embedded - you can check in your edit view.

They're really, really nice tributes, I enjoyed them - in high def !

You caught so many great scenes, all across the Seasons, even with supporting actors like Christopher Lloyd, Cloris Leachman and Hayden Panettiere!

I also liked the, what is it, slightly alienating hightened contrast on the image with the colour reduction (I guess my editor calls this "Poster Colours"), and the black and white scenes.

Now you can make more ones without the logos .

Oh yes, and just a remark, I know people have made lots of tributes, but some keep getting removed from YouTube - copyright issues!

I also loved these ones - a mash-up and a quirky, creative tribute in reggae dub-style:

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jun 15, 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Yeah, you can call me Mandy! And thanks a lot for your feedback! It means a lot. I'm starting another one soon. Unfortunately, I don't really have the money to get the DVDs ATM, but hopefully soon. And those other tributes are hilarious! Must have missed them on YT.