EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 14
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com

I hope that the second season comes out by Christmas. I have to add it to my list if it does.
    MALCOLM
    Sorry, Damn. Stupid. I can't do it. I'm stupid and I'm terrible. I suck at everything... and I'm fat.

I've just recieved my copy and skimmed through the first disc. First episode has a TV PG logo at the start, and a "Fox Widescreen" bumper for a second, and the 7th has just the TV PG logo at the start. So I'm guessing these are sourced from broadcast masters of some sort, other episodes on Disc 1 are clear of logos. Once again they're presented in NTSC.
    And someone asked earlier so I might as well confirm that there are unfortunately no subtitles.

mass5160, What you describe is not stock footage? What you have are TV Rips, which can be found for free on the internet. I were really excited to hear "from this site" that MITM were being put to dvd. Shows put to dvd have no rating logo nor station logo. Hopefully one day a proper reproduction will take place. So sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap N Crunch View Post
    mass5160, What you describe is not stock footage? What you have are TV Rips, which can be found for free on the internet. I were really excited to hear "from this site" that MITM were being put to dvd. Shows put to dvd have no rating logo nor station logo. Hopefully one day a proper reproduction will take place. So sad...
    Sorry, I'm describing the official Season 2 DVD Set from Fabulous Films that I bought from amazon -- I wouldn't pay anything for pirated materials no matter what it is.
    I believe I've heard somewhere that the Netflix versions have TV PG logos on some episodes? Perhaps these DVDs are from the same source?

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    And someone asked earlier so I might as well confirm that there are unfortunately no subtitles.
    Thanks mate - disappointing but not surprising!

If i had my way they would all be remastered from the original film negatives and released on bluray! And not in widescreen, well the seasons which weren't supposed to be lol.

I'm rather concerned about the release after reading a review on amazon
    I quickly noticed a problem with a juddering effect on panning scenes, where the motion appears to be rather jerky. On investigation, this looks to be due to the source material having been de-interlaced and then re-interlaced. This results in a bigger, so less fluid movement between each frame, as well as every fourth frame being shown twice in a five-frame set; all causing the juddering effect, which personally, I find quite distracting. The R1 Release does not suffer this problem. It also suggests this R2 transfer is from another video source rather than from the original film.
    Does anyone else notice this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    Sorry, I'm describing the official Season 2 DVD Set from Fabulous Films that I bought from amazon -- I wouldn't pay anything for pirated materials no matter what it is.
    I believe I've heard somewhere that the Netflix versions have TV PG logos on some episodes? Perhaps these DVDs are from the same source?
    mass5160, I hear you, unfortunately that is the only source for MITM besides the first season, which is a dvd rip. All else is recorded from a televised source. I'm surprised to learn that Amazon would be involved with pirated media. Anything for a buck I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap N Crunch View Post
    mass5160, I hear you, unfortunately that is the only source for MITM besides the first season, which is a dvd rip. All else is recorded from a televised source. I'm surprised to learn that Amazon would be involved with pirated media. Anything for a buck I guess...
    You are confused. They are not pirate DVDs. They are simply sourced from broadcast masters. They are licensed by Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezzo View Post
    You are confused. They are not pirate DVDs. They are simply sourced from broadcast masters. They are licensed by Fox.
    Wezzo, I may be confused, I should try and remember that this is a UK production. Here in the US we call what is being peddled here "bootleg copies". If you will notice the first season has no logos whatsoever, which is the US standard. Why would a person pay to view what is readily available on the internet for free? When you buy a legitimate dvd movie you see no logos throughout the movie, the same is applied to a tv series, licensed or not...