EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 11
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

The trailer runs at 24fps And it's personal, i just can't stand the PAL speed-up. First of all, if it's not pitch corrected, the actor's voices sound ugly and strange. Finally, an exemple: i have a movie in both PAL & NTSC, the PAL version is 01 H 42 mn and the NTSC version is 02 H 07 mn which actually makes a huge difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic-J View Post
    I already posted this a while ago haha! So... are the episodes running at 24 fps which is the OG framerate or are they in 25 fps with the typical awful 4% PAL speed-up?
    Sorry about that. I hadn't figured out the link in your post. My bad!

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

The trailer runs at 24fps And it's personal, i just can't stand the PAL speed-up. First of all, if it's not pitch corrected, the actor's voices sound ugly and strange. Finally, an exemple: i have a movie in both PAL & NTSC, the PAL version is 01 H 42 mn and the NTSC version is 02 H 07 mn which actually makes a huge difference!
    Well, I haven't noticed any difference in pitch, so I don't think there's any speed-up in the episodes. Or I may not be able to hear it. The thing to do would be recording a bit from the original US release, and then paste on the same bit from the current Fabulous release, but right now I don't have the time.

just a heads up, you can currently get the first season for £18.99 over at Sainsburys!

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c..._source=google

Just me who thinks Bryan Cranston really doesn't look himself in this promo picture for Season Two? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._AA1461_.jpg
    Last edited by lmddawson; Sep 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Was the trailer posted online? There aren't any PAL/NTSC restrictions for online videos, so you could post a video with 10fps if you really wanted to, whilst DVD has certain restrictions; far as I know, it would be 'illegal' (in DVD terms) to have a video stream at PAL resolution, but at 24fps frame rate.

If these ever make it to Blu-Ray, you'd be guaranteed they'd run at the correct speed. I guess the distributor just doesn't have the money to do it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lmddawson View Post
    just a heads up, you can currently get the first season for £18.99 over at Sainsburys!

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c..._source=google

Just me who thinks Bryan Cranston really doesn't look himself in this promo picture for Season Two? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._AA1461_.jpg
    Please explain the notion of 'self'. Especially in the case of Bryan, it's a rather elusive concept

From our Gallery (you can closely inspect the full version there):

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...php?photo=3505

As far as I know, only S7 promos were photoshopped.
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 27, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    Was the trailer posted online? There aren't any PAL/NTSC restrictions for online videos, so you could post a video with 10fps if you really wanted to, whilst DVD has certain restrictions; far as I know, it would be 'illegal' (in DVD terms) to have a video stream at PAL resolution, but at 24fps frame rate.

If these ever make it to Blu-Ray, you'd be guaranteed they'd run at the correct speed. I guess the distributor just doesn't have the money to do it at the moment.
    OK, I did find some time today, and these are audio clips I recorded from the 2002 US (NTSC) release and the 2012 UK (PAL) release. I thought I'd choose the Shame cold open trumpet intro. As you can hear, there's no pitch difference whatsoever. Discussion closed, hopefully?

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 27, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Oh nice!! It's the same framerate! This is good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    OK, I did find some time today, and these are audio clips I recorded from the 2002 US (NTSC) release and the 2012 UK (PAL) release. I thought I'd choose the Shame cold open trumpet intro. As you can hear, there's no pitch difference whatsoever. Discussion closed, hopefully?

Rich
    Ok, I know someone who's copy has arrived, and I convinced them to send me a short clip from the DVD. The audio pitch is indeed correct, as you confirm, but that's because the set is in NTSC. So they are NOT in PAL at all. I can confirm that they are 720x480 resolution, and 29.970fps, as I have run them through Virtualdub, and checked media properties on VLC Player, and both confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Please explain the notion of 'self'. Especially in the case of Bryan, it's a rather elusive concept
    Fair point, but I don't know, he just looks completely different from what his character Hal usually looks like. Looks like a completely different person to me in that picture!