EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 10
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

Sorry if this has already been posted (didn't see anything at a quick glance), but the Amazon listing for S2 is up! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Malcolm-Midd...8602141&sr=1-4

October 29th, same price (give or take a few pennies) as S1.

Quote Originally Posted by xkcdsdk View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted (didn't see anything at a quick glance), but the Amazon listing for S2 is up! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Malcolm-Midd...8602141&sr=1-4

October 29th, same price (give or take a few pennies) as S1.
    I posted it a few posts up, but no worries

All very exciting now that Season one is out and we now have an official date for Season 2. We'll soon have all of the seasons on DVD, finally!

The complete boxset probably won't be out for Christmas, but I really don't mind. Getting Season one ASAP!

Great to hear all the original soundtracks are intact

Though a tad disappointing that they've opened it up to widescreen which reveals things that shouldn't be in the shot. They did this with the Friends blu-ray release aswell.

Edit: I have an idea how to get around this actually. What episodes don't have any revealing goofs (visible crew members/ lighting stands, ect)?

So the episodes that don't have unintended shots, i can watch on the DVD, and ones that do, i can watch on 5* as they broadcast them in 4:3
    Last edited by BBC2; Sep 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Just added it as an attachment to previous mail.
    Brilliant! Thanks for the covers! Looking good. It's more or less what I expected looking through the gallery. Still, a bit annoying for Season 6 though stupid FOX!

Saw the DVD in HMV today, £50, slightly shocking. Was just an amazing moment though to see it there right in front of me! I also must say I'm glad that the 'in' and 'the' on the cover match the colours on the spine which it didn't look like it would in the online cover! Sounds a bit OCD but yay!

Quote Originally Posted by BBC2 View Post
    Edit: I have an idea how to get around this actually. What episodes don't have any revealing goofs (visible crew members/ lighting stands, ect)?

So the episodes that don't have unintended shots, i can watch on the DVD, and ones that do, i can watch on 5* as they broadcast them in 4:3
    Haha, I'll be keeping you posted about what episodes with annoying bits to avoid.

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm191095 View Post
    Brilliant! Thanks for the covers! Looking good. It's more or less what I expected looking through the gallery. Still, a bit annoying for Season 6 though stupid FOX!

Saw the DVD in HMV today, £50, slightly shocking. Was just an amazing moment though to see it there right in front of me! I also must say I'm glad that the 'in' and 'the' on the cover match the colours on the spine which it didn't look like it would in the online cover! Sounds a bit OCD but yay!
    Geez, I got mine for 18 quid, it turns out there was even an Amazon preorder discount! 50 quid is extremely shocking.

I hadn't thought of the colours. They are kind of the reverse of the official logo for S1, and with subsequent seasons, the new releases all stick to the right font, though with different colours. A nice touch. I think Fabulous lavished a great deal of care on the S1 release, even if much of it is a port of the US version. I mean, we do have subtitles, extras, two versions of the Pilot and correct info as far as I can see. When I gripe about the widescreen, it's just the choice, not that I would have expected Fabulous to do digital restoration to blot out all obtrusive errors.

Now, I would hope that following seasons will at least have some extras like subtitles, promo clips, perhaps an interview or so, and not just the episodes. Fox should open its vaults and release what 'press kit'-type material they have. We've offered our help, so we can only wait how it will turn out.

Official Fox logo:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...php?photo=5175

There is even an official Fabulous release trailer for S1, posted a month ago on Vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/47197963

Nice editing job!

I can assure you that Jane isn't censored on the DVD!

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

I already posted this a while ago haha! So... are the episodes running at 24 fps which is the OG framerate or are they in 25 fps with the typical awful 4% PAL speed-up?

They'll run at 25fps, as that is the PAL standard.

I honestly don't know why people find the 4% speed up annoying, it's not even noticeable during playback unless being directly compared. I'd take it over jerky frame panning any day.

I suppose there is a chance that the episodes MAY be pitch corrected, in which case people would be entirely oblivious to the PAL speed up, I don't know though because I don't have it yet. But really, sometimes its better to have something at all than to not, eh?