EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 15
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

BBC2 -- I think all but one or two episodes suffer from the frame dupe problem, although I suppose if you can get into it properly, you stop noticing.
    The quality of the first season isn't the best imo (I reckon the contrast is off a bit) and considering all the goofs that are visible due to the additional side space, I personally would favor the Region 1 set.
    I haven't noticed this problem in season 2 so far, but like I mentioned earlier some episodes do still have the TV PG logos at the beginning, although the visual quality is superior to Season 1.

Cap N Crunch -- I think you've misunderstood my posts, but all seasons are being officially released on DVD in the UK, from Fabulous Films. So the ones I have are not pirate copies, bootlegs, counterfeits or fakes of any kind, but official, factory pressed licensed releases from sources superior to TV or the internet. They are made by a DVD company to be sold in retailers, not by individuals for the black market.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap N Crunch View Post
    Why would a person pay to view what is readily available on the internet for free? When you buy a legitimate dvd movie you see no logos throughout the movie, the same is applied to a tv series, licensed or not...
    The episodes on the internet are in poor quality compared to this DVD box set.
    These episodes are from the same source as the ones owned by the broadcasts but it doesn't mean the quality is lame. When you download an episode on the internet it's something like 175 Mb with a resolution of 608x340 pixels and an episode on the DVD is approximately 950 Mb with a resolution of 854x480 pixels which makes a huge difference in term of quality.

Seriously, the only thing that seems unpleasant about this Season 2 box set is the "PG" logo but it lasts about 4 seconds which is not a big deal.

@mass5160:
    Could you rip the first episode or maybe take some screenshots to show us how it looks?
    Last edited by Magic-J; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    BBC2 -- I think all but one or two episodes suffer from the frame dupe problem, although I suppose if you can get into it properly, you stop noticing.
    The quality of the first season isn't the best imo (I reckon the contrast is off a bit) and considering all the goofs that are visible due to the additional side space, I personally would favor the Region 1 set.
    I haven't noticed this problem in season 2 so far, but like I mentioned earlier some episodes do still have the TV PG logos at the beginning, although the visual quality is superior to Season 1.

Cap N Crunch -- I think you've misunderstood my posts, but all seasons are being officially released on DVD in the UK, from Fabulous Films. So the ones I have are not pirate copies, bootlegs, counterfeits or fakes of any kind, but official, factory pressed licensed releases from sources superior to TV or the internet. They are made by a DVD company to be sold in retailers, not by individuals for the black market.
    mass5160, there is no misunderstanding. I never said what all of you are wasting money on to be fake. I did however say in the US what you are buying would be considered as bootleg copies. You've misread my concern completely. I were ready to buy season 2 as well, until your description of logos and the like. But I guess the UK settles for whatever it can get. Fortunately for me I get 2 hours of MITM everyday in HD for free. Again a proper dvd will not have logos displayed throughout the event. And no matter the picture quality, with logos present you are buying sub standard entertainment. And honestly the only reason I mention it at all is that I were completely unaware that this type of thing went on. The US has no 2nd season of MITM for sale on dvd. One other thing you say your 1st season of MITM is not up to par? I got my copy when it first became available, with none of the errors that you describe. Perhaps an American copy would stifle your complaints...

Cap N Crunch -- I have several friends in the US, and NONE of them consider imports to be 'bootlegs'. Now I'm not even going to reply to you anymore, because you seem to be out to cause trouble by saying we're wasting money on "Sub Standard" products whilst you enjoy them for "free in HD". You go be happy with what you have, and we'll be happy with what we get. Nice talking to you.

Magic-J -- Here you go: http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/us...5160/library/?

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    Cap N Crunch -- I have several friends in the US, and NONE of them consider imports to be 'bootlegs'. Now I'm not even going to reply to you anymore, because you seem to be out to cause trouble by saying we're wasting money on "Sub Standard" products whilst you enjoy them for "free in HD". You go be happy with what you have, and we'll be happy with what we get. Nice talking to you.

Magic-J -- Here you go: http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/us...5160/library/?

If pointing out what is obvious causes trouble, by all means be oblivious. Clearly you are stuck on the word bootleg, there can be no debate with such a narrow mindset. You may not like what I've stated, but that doesn't make what I've said any less true. And lastly for you and this board, I made this account with one purpose in mind, to alert. Having done that, there is nothing more I wish to relate. Hopefully one day the original production company comes to its senses and allow MITM to be put to dvd so that ALL of us may enjoy. Toodles...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap N Crunch View Post
    If pointing out what is obvious causes trouble, by all means be oblivious. Clearly you are stuck on the word bootleg, there can be no debate with such a narrow mindset. You may not like what I've stated, but that doesn't make what I've said any less true. And lastly for you and this board, I made this account with one purpose in mind, to alert. Having done that, there is nothing more I wish to relate. Hopefully one day the original production company comes to its senses and allow MITM to be put to dvd so that ALL of us may enjoy. Toodles...
    I've worked in the DVD industry. A bootleg is a copy that is sold illegally. These DVDs are not bootlegs. The inclusion of some ratings logos is unfortunate. So is your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezzo View Post
    I've worked in the DVD industry. A bootleg is a copy that is sold illegally. These DVDs are not bootlegs. The inclusion of some ratings logos is unfortunate. So is your ignorance.
    What is it with some of you. Talk about ignorance, how you were once employed has as much relevance to this thread as the weather yesterday. Again for those having trouble with comprehension. I said "pay attention" what you are selling as MITM dvds is akin to BOOTLEG RIPS. Which is exactly what they are here in the US. Ignorance = being sold shit, and being grateful for it. Get A Clue!

Fabulous Films did something about these framing issues due to the open matte widescreen episodes.
    Here's an example:

They did a nice job, even if it's cropped a little bit, it doesn't really bother me since we get rid of this problem.
    Last edited by Magic-J; Nov 23, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Series 3 will be released in January 2013.

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com