EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012! - Page 13
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm in the Middle Seasons 1-7 Coming to DVD Starting 2012!

Thanks for posting all those Rich!

Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    Thanks for posting all those Rich!
    Well, I just felt like counterbalancing a bit the often less than essential gripes from our side, also from me, about release dates, subtitles, aspect ratios, frame rates, extras and the like, and show how much the series means to a lot of less than zealous, but no less enthusiastic fans and viewers in general, and what a great job Fabulous have done releasing all seasons!

I know, it could always haven been better, but I now realize Fabulous put a lot of effort into cult movies and series, even getting cast members together for commentaries, making documentaries, and doing image restoration (e.g. Automan and The Mysterious Cities of Gold releases), which may not always pay off in purely commercial terms. That it may not happen or succceed in the case of MITM is, I assume, not because Fabulous is negligent, but because there are other constraints of rights, time and effort.
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Oct 5, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by mass5160 View Post
    Well, PAL resolution is 720x576 and can only be projected at 25 fps.
    This intrigued me, so I checked the technical specs of another American TV series release by Fabulous Films that I have, the Eerie, Indiana box. I thought it would be NTSC, but this time it's really PAL (as the back cover indicates) at a resolution of 720x576 and frame rate of 25 (interlaced 50)! Of course, this could be a straight film source transfer, rather than a video transfer.

The good news, at any rate, is that it doesn't look jittery, and there are no compatibility problems with either software or (TV/DVD) hardware. The only issues are some film grain, fuzziness and interlacing artefacts, but this is understandable, given the age of the source and transfer.

Rich

For the interlacing artefacts issue, when you are watching the DVD on your PC just run it with VLC, right click on the video, go to "deinterlace mode" then select "linear". Now do another right click, go to "deinterlace" and select "on". It works amazingly on my computer.

BTW: I love the episode where Marshall meets a girl who can draw objects that actually become reality.

Thanks, Magic-J, it really works fine!

Yes, that was an episode I liked too. I also loved episodes like "Heart on a Chain" and "The Dead Letter" (both poignant, with great dream sequence) and imaginative ones with some twisted pointed social commentary like "ATM with a Heart of Gold", "The Loyal Order of Corn", "Zombies in P.J.s" and "The Broken Record". And just plain weird ones like "The Lost Hour" and "Tornado Days".

I think my next purchase from Fabulous, apart from MITM, will be "Garry Shandling". I really need to see some eps, it's been ages, and I don't remember much, so I can update our "Ancestors" Gallery.

Default Season 2 pushed back.

For those of you who don't already know, Season 2 has been pushed from Oct 29th to Nov 19th now. I received an e-mail from amazon about it, and Fabulous Films have just announced it via their Facebook page.

Thanks, yes, I got this message too. Maybe they will find some time to include subtitles or a little bit of extras - never give up hope!

Rich

Unfortunately, when I look at the current Fabulous Films entry for their S2 release, no extras, not even subtitles, just a stills gallery (sounds really old-fashioned by now, the idea of a DVD stills gallery, right?) - all of which we already have, I reckon.

This still leaves room for improvement.

Rich

Default Mine's been dispatched!

Well I've just woken up to an e-mail from amazon saying that my copy has been dispatched, so hopefully I'll get my copy on time this time around haha.
    Honestly can't wait to see how they've handled this one though, it's still not sunk in properly about the wait for long over due Malcolm DVDs finally being over...almost

Could somebody who gets it please let me (and everyone else!) know if it's got subtitles?

Will probably buy it anyway but just wanted to know in advance!