Origins of Dewey's musical talent

PeterU

Super Moderator
I came across something I'd not particularly noticed before, and it got me thinking about the origins of Dewey's musical talent.

In 2x03, Lois' Birthday (about 13 minutes into the episode), she mentions that if she could have 15 years of her life back she would want to "stay single, go to music school and become a concert violinist".

There's also some reference to playing classical music to the baby in 2x25 Flashback, which I previously thought was the only hint as to where Dewey got his musical talent, but it seems that inheriting it from Lois makes more sense!

Did anyone else remember seeing any other indications of where this might have come from in the series? Do we ever see Lois express her musicality at all?

Dew_Fan

I know he started the piano when Malcolm and Reese entered high school, maybe he just learned very fast how to play the piano. Im not quite sure.

EzPz

I came across something I'd not particularly noticed before, and it got me thinking about the origins of Dewey's musical talent.

In 2x03, Lois' Birthday (about 13 minutes into the episode), she mentions that if she could have 15 years of her life back she would want to "stay single, go to music school and become a concert violinist".

There's also some reference to playing classical music to the baby in 2x25 Flashback, which I previously thought was the only hint as to where Dewey got his musical talent, but it seems that inheriting it from Lois makes more sense!

Did anyone else remember seeing any other indications of where this might have come from in the series? Do we ever see Lois express her musicality at all?

In Mrs Tri-County 6x22 Lois' talent is expertly whistling a tune