What do you miss the most?

Dew_Fan

Hi, I am new here and i decided to start a thread, and that is, what do you miss about MITM. The thing I miss is the most is watching how everyone grew up on the show. When i watched the show from start to finish in two days, thank you netflix, you got to see them grow up so fast, and i just wish that they had just one more season. But, I am greatful that the show lasted for how long it did, and the fact that people still love the show so much is great. Well, thanks for reading my first thread.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Dew Fan. That for your various contributions to other threads. I guess I miss the anticipation of new episodes. I can keep enjoying the show whenever I like, but I can't recreate the 'new' feeling.

PeterU

Super Moderator
I didn't actually come to the show until relatively recently, and until long after the show had finished! So, I didn't experience watching the shows for the first time, when they were all new to everyone.

There's lots to miss, though. Hal's temporary obsessions and associated misadventures, conflict between Lois and... well... everyone, disastrous vacations... I don't think I could pick out one thing!

Dew_Fan

Gotta love this site.

I didn't actually come to the show until relatively recently, and until long after the show had finished! So, I didn't experience watching the shows for the first time, when they were all new to everyone.

There's lots to miss, though. Hal's temporary obsessions and associated misadventures, conflict between Lois and... well... everyone, disastrous vacations... I don't think I could pick out one thing!

I agree with you their, the show is one of the most odd, random, and funniest show out there. Am I sad that it is not airing new episodes, yes, but am I glad about all of the success it had and the fact that it made someone start a website about, again, yes.

Phil-04

For me, it would be the silly situations that Hal somehow manages to get himself in.

Being "in the bomb squad" and going on THAT skiing holiday are great examples of it.

Dew_Fan

I wish that their was a like button on this site, because those are funny moments, so I will just leave you a thanks! :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi, I am new here and i decided to start a thread, and that is, what do you miss about MITM. The thing I miss is the most is watching how everyone grew up on the show.

Yes, obviously that's a large part of it. When you start a show that centres (mostly) on young kids, you know that's going to be both a huge blessing and a curse in terms of dynamic. It gives you the opportunity to explore everything from kids' play and pranks, hobbies, pets, a new baby, to going to high school, weekend and summer jobs, dating and graduating and how the family responds to it, but you also know, that however successful the show may be, it will run out of steam eventually, because you can't have all the main kids hanging around the house for ever, and really can't keep introducing new babies!

I really enjoyed the show's inner dynamic too, and the chemistry between all the actors, who had such great characters to play off against each other. I especially loved the fact that none of the actors were one-note comedians, but in fact, perhaps apart from Justin Berfield, were better known as dramatic actors, which gave cast and crew a very broad range to work with.

And then there was that tone of constant off-the-wall wackiness; you never knew what to expect, also because there were often individual threads for Francis or some other family member, and how they were sometimes intertwined with or reflected the other stories, or were just a welcome comic relief.

Then there was the top-notch location camera work and great choice of music....

I think all that's what made the show pretty unique.

As for growing up in public, I think our French partners showed it best, now that two separate seasons are shown simultaneously on two separate channels... I think they cheated a bit, but you get the gist. Perhaps someone could do a morph?! ;)

See attached picture!

Best,

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
As for growing up in public, I think our French partners showed it best, now that two separate seasons are shown simultaneously on two separate channels... I think they cheated a bit, but you get the gist. Perhaps someone could do a morph?! ;)

Wait, we already have that!

frankie.gif

From: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2007/06/26/trying-to-keep-kids-just-kids/

Dewey Fan

I miss Dewey's smart remarks about Louis and Hal's obsessiveness (like in Roller skates). No other show offers the type of witty humor MITM does. I really do miss it.

600/601

Ah, yes

I just miss how the plot structure was arranged, and how the humor felt natural to laugh at, unlike many shows today. Mostly the way the characters reacted to the situations made it easy to put yourself in their shoes.

Also, the atmosphere of the show in general, I don't think there was ever an episode that I changed the channel on. Usually I am very picky when it comes to TV, but, the continuation on this show, as well as a unique plot every episode means that there is something there for newer and seasoned viewers of MITM.

sumitmanu

Just completed the MITM last season .. I think the chemistry was awesome .. all the actors were spot on .. and how the show stuck to its theme of Life being unfair for most of the characters .. and at the same time making it so funny all the time .. !!

smlime16

I am very new to MITM. I actually watched it a bit when it was on TV, but didn't like it. Then, I found season 1 a few weeks ago and fell in love. I think what I am going to miss most when I finish watching them all, is the way the dysfunctional family works so well in the end. The fact the Lois looks at her sons (and husband) as horrible children, and in retrospect, the boys look at her like a tyranical dictator. Basically, I am going to miss how realistic the show is and how we can see why every character is and thinks the way they do.