702 Health Insurance: Feedback, Analysis and Opinions - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 702 Health Insurance: Feedback, Analysis and Opinions

Default Re: 702 Health Insurance: Feedback, Analysis and Opinions

You are exactly wrong David. Lol, it's about as unpredictable as the series gets, in my opinion.

Well i noted the age thing and was like wat the hell? i mean we where specfically told that he was 18 last season. I think the Lois storyline was brilliant, amazing, the whole craig thing was brilliant and totally unpredictable, i dunno about how long lois has worked in the store. I agree the doctor bit was a little werid, but the scene of them convising lois nothing was wrong was brilliant - my poss favourite scene of the season so far.

I missed the last few mins/seconds of the ep, i got to the bit where hal say 'hey look at that....'

wat happens next? or is it the end?
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople

I missed the last few mins/seconds of the ep, i got to the bit where hal say 'hey look at that....'

wat happens next? or is it the end?
    That was the end and I agree it was abrupt. Perhaps it had to be trimmed for time.

I have to say I felt this episode was better than "Burning Man." I can't exactly pinpoint why but I'd say I like seeing the characters in their home environment rather than travelling. Plus we got to see Craig, which was refreshing. He really brings a lot to the show, comedy wise.

The plotlines were well done albeit predictable in regards to the Hal situation. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of the show in the least though. I still found myself laughing out loud at Hal trying to make the house injury-proof.

I also liked seeing Malcolm, Reese and Dewey together for their scenes. They all play well off each other and the comedy tends to come across more clearly when they are in a group. The scene with them trying to go out the window after Hal locks them in is priceless.

The Craig and Lois storyline was well done also. I liked how we were never quite sure if Craig was the snitch or not and then when we found out what was really going on, it was very sweet. And whenever Craig started singing to Lois, I about fell off the couch.

As for the whole Reese is 17 or 18 thing. I would find it extremely hard to believe that was an oversight on the writers part. The show has to be screened for many people long before we ever get to see it. For the executive producers, the studio and finally the network. Someone would have mentioned the age difference. My guess is that for some reason, perhaps an upcoming storyline, they needed Reese to be 17 again. While it does cause a bit of confusion for us fans, I have faith in the writers and producers that there was a reason for having Reese be 17 at this time. Also the fact that he even said his age at all leads me to believe the writers wanted to reinforce to the viewers that he was 17. Again, I would guess due to an upcoming or long range storyline.

It was a quick ending and it could of dragged on for a while afterwards. I thought that some of it was cut of and wasnt sure wether or not it was the end when Hal said "hey look at that". It was a sudden unexcepted ending for me.
    But overall id say it was an average 3/5 stars, which isnt bad but im excepting better yet from this season!
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

It did seem rather abrupt, but maybe it was a classic case of "Let the viewer decide the outcome," an ending used many a time in MITM.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames

The next biggest (and confirmed) problem was Reese's age. Reese is 18, not 17. We're told he's almost 17 halfway through season six in Lois Battles Jamie, and there's no way a high school senior for the second time is still 17. It just doesn't work out.
    If his birthday isnt until November/October/September than it works fine, he'd only be 17 until the fall.

Very nice discussion everyone! I am so ashammed of myself in not taping it AGAIN. But, it can't be helped now, so I'd like to thank you all for giving me (and everyone who didn't see it) a closer look at the episode.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM18
    If his birthday isnt until November/October/September than it works fine, he'd only be 17 until the fall.
    But as proven in my timeline, he actually turns 18 in July. This episode must take place in late September or early October or it wouldn't be fall. And even if it were a few weeks before he's 18, most kids in that situation would round up 18, just to make themselves sound even older--thus making the point even more distinct.

Nice episode, wasn't as good as Burning man, but i liked it. I especially liked that 'special door' idea in the boys' bedroom . I also think that there will be a special plot in the next episodes for which it's necessary that reese hasn't turned 18 yet, otherwise the writers wouldn't have mentioned it.

Watching it over it was better than when I watched it the first time. Maybe it was just because when I first saw it I wactched it alone. For some reasonm I always laugh more and find it more funny when I'm watching it with somebody. Does that happen to anyone else??
    "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple." (psalm 19:7)
    Bible verse

"I only hate some people, the rest I tolerate." - mr. Barone.