702 Health Insurance: Feedback, Analysis and Opinions

Ryebeach

packer-backer said:
Watching it over it was better than when I watched it the first time. Maybe it was just because when I first saw it I wactched it alone. For some reasonm I always laugh more and find it more funny when I'm watching it with somebody. Does that happen to anyone else??
It's the exact opposite with me. I tend to laugh more and louder when it's just me watching an episode. Occasionally one of my siblings will be at my house and we will watch MITM together. I never seem to laugh that much when others are watching it with me. Not because I don't think the episode is funny but because I guess I'm just apprehensive in that way.

samboo1

Yeah i laugh more when im on my own. I tend to concentrate better and not focus on if my friend is enjoying it or not. But really i dont laugh at tv. Even if its funny i just think its funny in my head. It just doesnt make me laugh, although if the certain situation was taking place in front of me i would laugh badly! Its strange.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I tend to laugh more when watching it with someone, but I tend to think that subconsciously it's because I'm trying to show them, "Hey, yeah, that's funny, and that's why it's a good show!" Sort of like I'm the laugh track, I guess.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I think I liked this episode more than Burning Man. Mostly because in this episode the family is interacting more instead of going off and doing things on their own. I also really liked the health insurance plot line. The family had been without health insurance for 6 months, and no one had gotten hurt. But as soon as Hal knew that they didn't have insurance, he started freaking out. If he didn't know they were without insurance, they probably would have gone another two days without any problems.

My favorite quote of the episode:
"I'm not homophobic. If there three of us really were gay lovers, I would be ok with this. But it's not true!"

And Craig singing was hilarious.

samboo1

garbagekillsmegan said:
Mostly because in this episode the family is interacting more instead of going off and doing things on their own.
Yeah i couldnt agree more. The storylines where the plots link together are cool.

Malcoholic

This wasn't a spectacular major production like "Burning Man," just a funny, cleverly written stay-at-home episode. In a way, it's even more encouraging than "Burning Man" because it shows the basic domestic situation still works. There were no holes or dead spots; every joke worked; and there was one showpiece moment--Craig's crazy scene near the end.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
It was good to see the family all interacting together for a change instead of them all having their own separate subplot (except for Lois).

Again, this episode has references to past episodes - firstly "Health Scare" from Season 3 with the boys having a way of escaping out of their bedroom after Hal barricaded them in, and secondly "Home Alone 4" from Season 1 with the patio falling down on Hal (although the injury was different).

The Lois/Craig subplot also had two references to past episodes - "Watching The Baby", where Craig was once again the "bad guy" and also "Bots & The Bees" with his karaoke singing, although this time it was much more hilarious, especially Lois's unenthusiastic echoing.