Best episodes
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best episodes

Default Best episodes

What would you guys say is the best episode? I would say either "Bowling" or "Red Dress", while "Red Dress" was, in my opinion, clearly more funny, "Bowling" was a lot harder for them to direct, being it had two simoltaneous episodes. So which do you think is the funniest? Which do you think was the best well done?

Malcolm: [After Lois got mad at them for no special reason] What's her problem?
    Reese: Mom and Dad's life is so boring they have to invent stuff to be upset about.

I have to say, I think Bowling for both. Red Dress is a great episode, but I really loved the innovative format of Bowling. A lot of great humour is derived from the contrast of what happens in both scenarios. I like that in both, the parent who goes ends up making the outing equally disastrous as the other, but for different reasons!

Having said that, Red Dress is a great episode too. It really introduces the uncompromising nature of Lois in a big way and sets the stage for a future episodes that focus on her character.

I totally agree with "Bowling" and I think that it won awards for that episode. It has so many great moments like Lois finding the bowling alley right away and Hal having difficulty. "Red Dress" is a good one also but still to this day, from when I first saw it, I really like "Kicked Out". That stunt that Reese pulls at the end with the bike and firehouse are things that I can totally relate to when I was younger. We'd like to take our bikes off ramps and putting a firehouse to your back as like a jet pack on your back is too funny. Craig being thrown through the window from the water pressure is great! Really like "Burning Man" too. So many good episodes & it's such an underrated show.

For the funniest episode, I would say 'Billboard', which I found quite hilarious. 'Bowling' woul be the best episode from a technical perspective because it had a creative format (it won two Emmy Awards). Especially for it's last scene, which has real emotional substance, 'Reese Comes Home' deserves a mention as well.

I cannot agree with you more about the emotional substance at the end of "Reese Comes Home"...it's just awesome, I always like that part. And "Billboard" is done really well and is a great episode. This show honestly, I truly think, had the best writing & character development that I have ever seen in a show and not surprised it went 7 seasons. I really wish that Fox would release the DVD set, uncut with all the cold opens (the cold opens were the best also)

First post!

Rewatching all of Malcolm In The Middle and just got up to Red Dress, I remember it was one of my favourites when I used to watch it all the time. Rewatched today and laughed so much, still one of my favourites.

Default Tutoring Reese

"Tutoring Reese"- Lois made Malcolm, Reese, Francis, and Reese's teacher all fix the roof together at the end.

Welcome lmddawson
    Need help? Email Me Here

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by lmddawson View Post
    First post!

Rewatching all of Malcolm In The Middle and just got up to Red Dress, I remember it was one of my favourites when I used to watch it all the time. Rewatched today and laughed so much, still one of my favourites.
    I think that it is so great that no matter how many times you watch a episode, you always seem to laugh, if it's your 1st time watching it or your 12th.
    Dewey = Major Swag
    Dewey > Garden Gnome

That's the enduring value of Malcolm -- you can come back to the same episodes over and over again and they are still fun and meaningful.