Frankie Muniz- Not Suicidal, Didn't Assult Girlfriend

Gill

Sources: http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/Rep-Frankie-Muniz-Isnt-Suicidal-Didnt-Assault-Girlfriend-1604925.story?gt1=28135

TMZ obtained a police report about a dispute between Frankie Muniz and his girlfriend, Elycia Turnbow. During the argument, Frankie Muniz was claimed to have pointed a gun to his head. After a visit to a hospital, the two began to argue again and Muniz attacked Elycia. Cops discovered a loaded gun and warned the two that they could face jail time if another violent incident occurs. Muniz and Turnbow both are charged with disorderly conduct. A representative for the pair states that the gun had no role during the argument and that there was no assult towards his girlfriend.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I read about that too (on the Malcolm France forum of all places), but didn't want to go public with it, because I thought it was too sleazy. Anyway, it was already common knowledge.

What I really find annoying about it is this: a copy of Frankie's frantic 911 call (if it's really him) was put on various sites, so you could hear him scream, stammer and what not.

I find that outrageous. You call the police because you are in a panic, believing this to be confidential and discreet (who else would you trust but the police), and the next thing you know someone leaks this to the web! Surely, this can't be legal. Is the police allowed to do this? Can't Frankie take legal action to get this removed?

I think it's a blatant violation of a person's privacy. I know Hollywood is a crazy world with lots of rumour mongering, substance abuse and adultery, but I wonder how much of it is in fact the media's own insatiable hunger for dirty details and gossip that is causing stars to break down under the pressure.

Rich

PeterU

Super Moderator
What I really find annoying about it is this: a copy of Frankie's frantic 911 call (if it's really him) was put on various sites, so you could hear him scream, stammer and what not.

I find that outrageous. You call the police because you are in a panic, believing this to be confidential and discreet (who else would you trust but the police), and the next thing you know someone leaks this to the web! Surely, this can't be legal. Is the police allowed to do this? Can't Frankie take legal action to get this removed?

I think it's a blatant violation of a person's privacy. I know Hollywood is a crazy world with lots of rumour mongering, substance abuse and adultery, but I wonder how much of it is in fact the media's own insatiable hunger for dirty details and gossip that is causing stars to break down under the pressure.

Rich

I agree entirely. I didn't want to mention this story either on the front page or in the forums -- because really it's none of our business. It does seem completely inappropriate to leak the call recording (and if it was obtained legitimately, why should that be allowed?). It isn't at all in the public interest -- it's just "child stars going off the rails" fodder, a profiteering opportunity for the gutter press.