701 Burning Man: Feedback, Opinions and Anaylsis

reese35

Any comments you have about Burning Man, just put them here! Like I said before, judging by advert-ing Malcolm, I got high expectations on this season. And if this is the last season, let's hope it goes out with a BANG!

Here's to Season 7! May it be the best we've had!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Post 'em Here! Post 'em Here!

Burning Man was great! I've been Malcolm-deprived all summer, so it was good. The beginning was a little hasty, and you have to understand Burning Man to appreciate the ep, but it was good. Awesome--classic ending!

CJman327

Re: Post 'em Here! Post 'em Here!

Yeah! I just saw it about 20 minutes ago! Awesome ending!(I don't wanna ruin it for people who haven't seen it, and spoiler tags are even more tempting!)For those of you that have seen it you know what I'm talking about!;) :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Re: Burning Man Thoughts

I just thought I'd give this a namein which the thread name accuatly represents the thread itself.

I missed it. I forgot to tape it, band came first, *First and last home Friday night football game* All my friends finally got to see me out on the field, and they all were AMAZED! That's the end of my explanation of why I didn't see the premiere.

packer-backer

I thought it was a very funny episode with a classic ending. But as many of us probably suspected was going to happen, Francis wasn't in the episode!!:mad: Thats too bad but it was still a solid opener.

reese35

Danged if we know. If he did, he would have bragged about it from the second part down!

reese35

For those of you that dare to read this....

Spoiler for Segment 1: Burning Man (READ IF YOU DARE!):

The season begins with Lois baking cookies. Reese wants one. Lois says he can have 2 - one now, and one 20 mins. later. He just has to stay clear of Dewey's batch - antibiotics. The opening credits - same as was the last 3 seasons.

If anyone viewed the clip (http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/clips/malcolm_s7e130a_700.wmv), that's what the first min.or 2 is like. The family takes off in the RV that Hal borrowed from his boss. He's so intent on keeping it spic and span, he uses Dewey as labor add-on. To add, the people at Burning Man start to think he's an attraction while Lois joins a female tribe. Reese gets caught up in the sensation and starts to love every minute of it. Malcolm accidentaly steps on a cactus and heads to first aid. With the long line, he gets a redirection to the Shaman's tent, where he meets Anita, who treats him and sees through him. In the process they find many things they have in common with each other, until the point where Anita's laying on Malcolm with his arm around her. Again, maybe lost virginity; maybe not.

That's segment 1 of the episode, where they go to comm. break. More tomorrow.

admin

Retired Administrator

It sounds very cool guys, thanks for the information - can't wait to watch it.

Was it up the the "standard" of Malcolm in the Middle we came to expect in Seasons 1 and 2, or just a bit better than those found in Season 6.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Erm, i dunno its have to say it was very familiar to the previous, but that may just be to do the fact that the look the same etc, Jaime did look older, but not drastically, dewy maybe a little, his face seems to be maturing a little, the other just looked the same.

I think it was pretty stunning, (BTW do we have to put things in spoliers cause i mean the episode has aired and this is the discussion thread about it!! but i will for now!

Spoiler for Spoiler - Do we really need em for this ep now?":

I think the bit about lois and hemp wasnt as big a part as i expected but i loved the hal 'street performance' brilliant, and the dead guys in a waterpistol - amazing!

I think it pretty clear malcolm slept with that women by the way the showed him in bed, but im quite sure that wasnt him loosing his virginity, that im quite sure has happened in the past with previous girlfirends not that tney went into it much. he's 17 now so i woulndt be surprised.

To conclude LOVED IT, cant wait till next week!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't think it's necessary to put things in spoiler tags after the ep has aired. I think that I wouldn't have thought it was as good, had I not been Malcolm-deprived all summer. But it was a fun ep to open with, and I'm ready for Health Insurance next week.

How many eps do we get before baseball takes over Fox?

ahelm13

Hey everybody! I'll try to be on here more now that the summer is over, but I'm really busy preparing for my junior recital as part of my music major. The thing that I really liked about this episode was the balance that all of the characters got (well, even though there is no Francis). Last season there was usually one plot line that just didn't seem to be that good, but I enjoyed all of the plot lines in this episode especially the attention on Malcolm with more of him speaking to the camera. To answer your question Yardgames, Health Insurance is on the 7th and the 14th is the only day that is getting preempted by baseball. Some of the FOX shows on other nights however are going to be gone for pretty much the entire month if the series go to 5 and 7 games.

samboo1

I think burning man was (like yard games said) a little hasty , it should of involved more about how Reese and Malcolm where going get there.
Anyway it was a brilliant episode, with a classic ending, and not one family member had a distressed part.:cool:

admin

Retired Administrator
samboo1 said:
I think burning man was (like yard games said) a little hasty , it should of involved more about how Reese and Malcolm where going get there.
Anyway it was a brilliant episode, with a classic ending, and not one family member had a distressed part.:cool:

Agreed it was certainly a good episode, it felt unfinished and short though to me. I don't know why! :D

I've posted an episode synopsis on the main VC now, some pics will enter the gallery at a later stage.

CJman327

The Malcolm plot was a bit freaky, but the Reese and Hal plot was funny! The ending was the best with:
Spoiler for Major Spoilers! READ AT OWN RISK!:
The "Burning Van"! With Reese not wanting Burning Man to stop was hilarious! When me, my mom, and my dad were watching it my Dad and I knew that something was going to happen to that RV....Guess who does it! Reese! And another gerat, classic moment was when the Burning Man-goers were staring at Hal watching him be the "performance art of the modern, suburban Dad". Hal was scared to DEATH of those guys! Lol!:D Hilarious. Can you believe my PARENTS thought so too?:)
Great episode. I'd think that the Admin should rate it Mega Hot with 4 and a half stars. Just my opinion though. I thought this episode was overall the top best and favorite episode of the year. Great season kickoff too! I hope it carries on the funny flame! Health Insurance sounds great!:D Hope it's good!
--CJMAN327:D