Live Will & Grace on NBC Website

admin

Retired Administrator
Just incase anyones a Will and Grace fan here,I thought I'd share this little thing with you all. It appears that they filmed a "Live" episode in the United States, well 2 - one for each site (East/West)

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Will_&_Grace/live/

They both can be watched for free online at the NBC website.

I watched the East Coast production and I thought it was an especially good episodes, considering it was Live as well :D

Dewey

Minimalistic
If only they could do that with all their shows. I mean if they were to put SVU online on their website - that would be a total dream! - seriously, it would be unreal!

admin

Retired Administrator
The is an interesting article on DigitalSpy regarding an episode of SUV that will be filled entirely in one room. Don't know how its going to work but its sonds interesting - I still perfer the orignal Law and Order with Carey Lowell or Angie Harmon as the DA, also I prefer Benjamin Bratt rather than the other guy, and of course Jerry Orbach!

SUV is still a close second though! :D

Emrysgirl

Here's how I rank all the L&O shows:

1) SVU
2) Trial by Jury (cancelled :weeps: )
3) L&O (the original one)
4) CI (I really don't like this one)

Ryebeach

It must be incredibly difficult to put on a live show like that, knowing you can't make any mistakes or if you do, you have to just keep going. Similar to a play I suppose. I remember the live ER episode from 1997 and I thought that was very well done with such a large general cast and all extras as well. They really pulled it off.

Emrysgirl

Just watched the live ep of W&G yesterday (Or part of it rather - the tape ran out). It was pretty good. Only, they kept laughing at the jokes:D.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Emrysgirl said:
Here's how I rank all the L&O shows:

1) SVU
2) Trial by Jury (cancelled :weeps: )
3) L&O (the original one)
4) CI (I really don't like this one)

Why did they cancel Trial by Jury - I loved that show. But like you, i prefer SVU.

I also love the cross-over episodes like SVU-Night(1) and TBJ-Day(2); and the recent SVU.7.02-Design(1) and L&O.16.02-Flaw(2). Seeing Olivia benson working alongside Jack McCoy was brilliant. I hope to see more of those.

Also, didd any one see the latest episode of SVU (17.03 - 911) - No doubt it was probably the best piece of televison i have seen this season. Reminded me of why i enjoy this show!

I wrote review of this MUST SEE episode. You can read it here: http://deweysreviews.blogspot.com/
Don't worry, i have not given away the ending, in case anyone reading this has not seen the episode already.

admin

Retired Administrator
I thought they cancelled it due to Jerry Orbach's death, or was that not the reason?

Ryebeach

admin said:
I thought they cancelled it due to Jerry Orbach's death, or was that not the reason?
Ratings were not good at all, that was the major reason for its cancellation although certainly a contributing factor, in my opinion, was the death of Jerry Orbach.

Emrysgirl

admin said:
Orbach only appeared in the first 2 eps, so that wasn't the only reason they were cancelled. It was the ratings.

I think it wasn't that the show's ratings fell for the later eps b/c of Orbach's death, but rather that they rose for the first 2 eps b/c people wanted to see his final eps.

The show was just given a terrible start. It was put in mid season and on a Friday.

Dewey said:
I also love the cross-over episodes like SVU-Night(1) and TBJ-Day(2); and the recent SVU.7.02-Design(1) and L&O.16.02-Flaw(2). Seeing Olivia benson working alongside Jack McCoy was brilliant. I hope to see more of those.
I loved the first one you mentioned...if we're thinking of the same ep...that's the one with Angela Lansberry right?

But, I didn't care much for the second one. The SVU part was good, but I found the L&O part absurd and boring.

Dewey said:
Also, didd any one see the latest episode of SVU (17.03 - 911) - No doubt it was probably the best piece of televison i have seen this season. Reminded me of why i enjoy this show!
It was really well done and very sweet. But I expected something with more shock value at the end. I guess I've just watched too many crime shows. And I missed Christopher Melloni.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Yeah, thats the one - with the "Murder She Wrote" woman and Alfred Molina (the Spiderman 2 villan) - two taltented actors to put an extra something into the L&O series.

As for the ending of "911" - I agree with you. On the whole, the episode was amazing to see, but the ending seemed rushed, and was a little convienient. I'm sure they could have managed a two-parter.

Emrysgirl

@ Dewey - what did you think of this week's ep?

Which did you like better the Benson focused one or the Stabler focused one?

Dewey

Minimalistic
I was actually a little dissapointed with the most recent episode (7.04 - Ripped). Don't get me wrong, it was still good comparred to other stuff on TV, but in my opinion it failed to reach the standards already set my SVU. It was definatly lacking comparred to last week's fast paced spectacle.

I prefer the epiosde focussed around benson; but the season premiere (7.01 - Demons) which was also focussed mainly around Stabler was a superb piece of TV.

My favourite episode is probably the one starring Martin Short as Sebastian Valentine.

Emrysgirl

Since this was originally a Will and Grace thread, I thought I'd ask it here:

What do people who watch Will and Grace think of the "Stan's alive" twist?

I only started watching the show (and not regularly at that) after the ep with Stan's funeral, so I don't really have an opinion

@Dewey Once again, what did you think of this week's ep of SVU? Like this week's MitM ep, I really liked the premise, but thought it could have been handled a lot better. Stacey Novak was no where as powerful as she usually is. The end was so dragged on that I was expecting a twist.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I enjoyed this episode of SVU. Kie you, i was kind fo expecting a twist that never occured, but the overall premise was well handled, with use of shock tactics. I like the way Dick Wolf poses ethical dilemas to split his audience. In this case, some may justify the murder (even though murder is wrong) as the perp did save lives by reducing the spead of the deadly strain. Even the victim's father understood thee motive.

Wold has a way of manipulating the thought process of his viewers, in that we often change our perspective about people as the episode develops.

Overall "Strain" was not a bad piece of television, but at the same time was not SVU at it's best.