What does your desktop look like.

admin

Retired Administrator
Its always interesting to see how different mine and my friends desktops are. I thought for a thread we could all look at each others desktops! Simply take a screenshot, make it a JPG and upload it here for us all to look at!

Are you a messy icon everywhere, folders all over the place person
Or a neat,no icons at all, no folders on desktop person?

I'll go first, what do you think of my desktop!

admin

Retired Administrator
samboo1 said:
I took mine but says its too big and when i make it smaller it goes blurry.:confused: A little help?
Go into paint and click "Save As" and convert the format to JPG. That should do the trick.

samboo1

Yeah! Thanks! Lol. Well heres mine. Its cluttered! Lol. I could make a folder but the mess does'nt really bother me. Lol. Yours is freakishly tidy Admin!! Theres only the recycle bin!!:D
Oh and btw its still a little blurred, but some button comes up in the corner and that stretches it and it goes ok. So click that!

admin

Retired Administrator
samboo1 said:
Yeah! Thanks! Lol. Well heres mine. Its cluttered! Lol. I could make a folder but the mess does'nt really bother me. Lol. Yours is freakishly tidy Admin!! Theres only the recycle bin!!:D
Oh and btw its still a little blurred, but some button comes up in the corner and that stretches it and it goes ok. So click that!
Cool a cat lover I assume :D

Yours isn't that messy quite a few icons though! I completely hate icons on my desktop, I don't even like the recycling bin much but you can't delete that!

samboo1

Yeah, i like cats.:D The icons dont really annoy me, just sometimes when they hide my backgrounds that i want to see!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
theblinddevil said:
You have a very tidy desktop David! I'm not going to post mine at the moment, as i am using linux and have just switched to a new desktop manager and i haven't finished congfiguring it yet. I will post as soon as im done though :). Sorry, i havent been on in ages, but i finally have everything working perfect, and i have a really good news reader so i should be much more active now!!

Great topic, it will be intersting to see everyones desktop!
U with your Linux :rolleyes: :D

What type of Linux? i have the recently re named Mandriva, dual booting on my pc, not use it much, tho but it was good putting it on. :D

Check out my pics, the first is just normal and the second is the 'Konspose' mode which is is a little thing that when i click my keyborad its pops up and has usefully widgets. thats a can pick and choose.

admin

Retired Administrator
tjpeople said:
U with your Linux :rolleyes: :D

What type of Linux? i have the recently re named Mandriva, dual booting on my pc, not use it much, tho but it was good putting it on. :D

Check out my pics, the first is just normal and the second is the 'Konspose' mode which is is a little thing that when i click my keyborad its pops up and has usefully widgets. thats a can pick and choose.
That thing on the right is really cool, even that clock is pretty cool!

You are actually the first person I've seen with a fatter task bar the the standard as well! :D Certainly we have had 3 very different desktops displayed so far.

I notice you aren't a great fan of icons on the desktop though...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
thanks, im not a fan of desktop icons dont use them. in the past i have had my screen covered with them all the way across. my Desktop pic changes quite offen the lastest is a pic i took of the sidney harbour bridge will in oz this summer.

what do you mean by thing on the right?

i need my taskbar to be thick cause i run many windows and havea alot of quick launch and icons. i use quick launch over desktop icons.

the prog i use to get the widgets is http://www.konfabulator.com/

quite usefull really. its free.

admin

Retired Administrator
Its really interesting to see others desktops, thanks for those contributed so far. I am still interested in others desktops.. (yargames, J.! :D and anyone else!)

@Ermsygirl, yes you are right! I couldn't find a way of getting rid of the recycling bin, so I thought I'd find away of using it to amuse myself! I thought the picture went very well with it! :D (If you have no idea why, then watch Monk!)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
yea i get it, ive watched mon once, its just if u do want to remove the recyle bin, the link will sort it.

all this talk bout desktops inspired me to redo mine, using 'Object dock' which is a stardock product that basicsally replace your taskbar, quick launch and sytem tray and is much better! epecially in looks. there are lots of features and you can have multiple bars etc but in mine its pretty basic. the first pic is the desktop in normal state, all the running progrmas are shown but icons on the bottom right, and the quick lauch buttons are the majority to the left.
the second pic is when my mouse roles over the object bar, its zoom in, very cool, like OSX (apple OS) the 3rd is when i move my cursorto the top of my screen up pop the system tray icons. therre are loads of cool icons for customisation etc.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I've tried ObjectDock a few times, but I can never make myself use it for longer than a couple of hours. :)

I get the hint, David. I'll post a pic of my desktop as soon as you post a pic of yourself. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Okay, here's mine. But i usually change the wallpaper every week (or at least every two weeks) :p

Dewey

Minimalistic
A good idea for a thread. Can't believe I missed this one, and that not many have shared their desktops yet.

Here's mine:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
What's with the Airbus? It's pretty big. :D I see we have someone reulctantly running Windows, but definitely not running any MS software, huh?

admin

Retired Administrator
Interesting desktop Dewey, not a fan of many icons either I see.

Anyone else wish to share their desktop?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I said I'd share mine after David shares a picture of himself. (was that this thread? I can't remember; maybe it's after Darren writes his Stilts analysis??) :D