Is Malcolm "innapropiate"? - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?

Default Re: Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?

I don't see how Hal and Lois having sex (or not having sex), or even just discussing sex could be seen as an inappropriate part of a storyline. They're a married couple for a start, so that's what married couples tend to do, and also they have five kids! I hate to break this to you, but they didn't come flying in with a stork. And it's not like they actually show any detail, thank god! I don't mean this offensively, and i'm not trying to demean anyone's opinion, but let's just be realistic about this. Also in the commentary someone makes the point that they actually wanted to highlight the fact that Hal and Lois had a good sex life, as it is an integral part of their relationship.

By the way, i'd let my kids watch MITM regardless of their age, there's nothing inappropriate on the show in my view.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Your righ Tom, its just that in america and other places (now i dont mean to stereotype) espcially in the south some people have quite strong views about the depiction of sex on tv/media etc, for religious/social reasons etc.
    Need help? Email Me Here

I agree with GKM and Wemboy. I also think these things aren´t inappropriate at all. And as Megan said kids don´t even realize these things and if they do, they knew about them, before. When I was younger I think I watched some movies where sex was mentioned and I don´t think I knew what it meant. As long as you don´t see it (now THAT would be gross ) I really don´t see a problem with it. It´s just realistic and I think that Malcolm, Dewey and Reese actually never talked about it (except for the Thanksgiving episode). In most other TV shows sex is a way more important topic.

And if these parents don´t want their children to watch mitm because of this, I´m sure they´ll find most sitcoms inappropriate since I can´t think of a single one where the parents never talked about sex or obviously were about to "do it" when they were lying in their beds (even in The Cosby show).

Ive watched it since i was about what...8? when it started anyway.But parents can be like that x
    judy,pick up the sock!,pick up the sock!!!,PICK UP THE SOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m 11, and I watch it fine. My parents just look at it, and say, 2How can you watch this american trash?" they say that about all shows I like.

Well I'm 9 and a half and my parents think it's fine! Except for Thanksgiving, that "part" in Carnival(get what I mean by "part"? ), and maybe a little bit in Long Drive and Forbidden Girlfriend.