Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?

Default Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?

One of my friends who is twelve years old and is a huge malcolm fan is no longer allowed to watch it because her parents think that it is an innapropiate show. So I was thinking, if I had a child when would let her watch a show like this. I would probably let a twelve year old watch it but I dont have children so I dont really know, but what age is the age when you think you would allow your kids to watch shows like MITM???

"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple." (psalm 19:7)
    Bible verse

"I only hate some people, the rest I tolerate." - mr. Barone.

Default Re: Is Malcolm "innapropiate"?

Thats werid, i just posted a thread thats sorta links with that! 12 is easily old enought, i mean as i say in my thread FOX tones down issue to make it more child friendly, but some parents are just strange....
    Need help? Email Me Here

Yeah, theyre are new shows like the war at home that are way more innapropiate than MITM. The way that the world is going I think that Malcolm is probably one of the most appropiate shows nowadays.
    "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple." (psalm 19:7)
    Bible verse

IMO it is unfair for her not to be allowed to watch it when she's a huge fan of it, but all it takes is for the parents to see one scene, eg a scene about Hal and Lois 'making love', (which is WAY inappropriate and IMO should not and does not need to be in the show).

I believe the scene they saw that made them think it was innapropiate was the scene where Francis is a nude model in Future malcolm.
    Bible verse

It is unjust for them to judge the show by having seen one scene. I'm not going to lie: there are some controversial things in the show, but you can't shelter your kid from them forever, and MITM is a much more mild way to be exposed to them than other methods.

First of all, I think it is rediculous that they think nude modeling in inappropriate. I can't think of anything that is in Malcolm that I wouldn't let my children see at any age. Haven't you ever watched a movie that you haven't seen since you were a kid, and realized that it was filled with dirty jokes that you never noticed? Little kids don't notice things that are inappropriate. If they do notice it, then they already knew about it, and hearing it again isn't going to do anything. There might be some shows I wouldn't want my kids to watch, but I really don't think Malcolm would be one of them.

Thats unfair!! I started watching MITM when i was about 11 and my mum used to watch it with me and she liked it! But i have some friends and their parents are like that. Well i do give that girl (i am right by saying girl arent i?) my sympathy.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

My parents started watching from Season 3, we were renting and only had 1 TV until our stuff arrived from NZ, and they liked it, and watched until halfway through Season 4 after Lois got pregnant & was on medication and Hal was complaining because they couldn't 'do it' for a week, and they didn't approve of that.

I'm 9 and I'ma allowed to watch it!