Timeline - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Timeline

Default Re: Timeline

well done for workin that out. i never realised but you are right, the timeline issue isnt easy to break down

Long Time No See this thread. But if you aint too busy Sam, you might wanna update it. Just thoguth about it when thinking about last episode spolier.

I could do it but id be rubbish, aint very good at the remembering loads of stuff thing.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Actually, I've been updating it, I just haven't posted it for awhile. There were a couple of major things in Hal Grieves I need to take into account when I have time. It could, in fact, change the entire timeline.

post, the latest version that would be cool.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Oh, man... What a marvel. I still can't get over how much of a fan and how focused you must be to complete something like this!
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.

Thanks, it was a fun little project.

Malcolm was 11 when the show started.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames View Post
    Hendrix, thanks for the correction. I looked into it, and unfortunately, it's not completely meant to work out. The writers don't think about it that hard so it's not all going to work out. If I move Cynthia's Back to March, then Company Picnic would have to be in March as well, and I really don't think one could have a picnic--in which the leaves are green, I might add--in March...regardless of where they live. Even April is a bit of a stretch there.

We just have to pretend maybe he meant it was or just ignore it because, as I said, it's not going to fit otgether perfectly.

Thanks for your reply.

The version I've attached includes Malcolm's Car. From what I could see, there's really no evidence that shows much of anything about timing, other than the clothing is still spring-like, so I've decided to keep Malcolm's Car in April for now. Let me know if you saw clues I didn't.

Admin, I saved it as an htm file this time, but it didn't turn out as pretty as when you did it. Did you manually put each season on a new line? That's really handy. Anyway, here's the updated version. I'd be thrilled to continue to hear your feedback.
    Ok, I know this above reply is over 3 years old, but I must question into the possibility of ruling out months due to the trees/leaves looks.

The above reply states "I really don't think one could have a picnic--in which the leaves are green, I might add--in March...regardless of where they live."

I live in the same city the majority of the filming takes place, and no matter what you say about the location the fictional family lives, the on-location filming takes place at REAL locations. There are many places in the United States where there is mostly green plants in March. Right now we are in Apirl, and every tree around me in Los Angeles is vibrantly green and have been that way for a month or even more. It does not snow here, and I never seen it go bellow 50F where I live, so the majority of trees here are not ones that usually will have leaves fall. However some of them might turn autumn colors and have leave falls, but by March all of those are turned green again.

This picnic was just an example I picked, but I would like to know if other dates have been shifted becuase it has been overlooked that the family most likely lives in the southern half of the U.S. and therefore winter would not cause that big of a difference in the looks of trees. For example, in Los Angeles, the climates of March and May can be very similar.
    Last edited by AlexTheMartian; Apr 7, 2008 at 05:38 PM.
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

This is great- you're very dedicated

There were a number of factors that went into the final timeline (which that post doesn't refer to by the way, but a much earlier copy) and each of those factors were weighted in importance. I had to consider the weather. I mean, Buseys Take a Hostage couldn't have happened in July because Dewey was dreaming for a snow day, and spring break eps like Jury Duty and Butterflies have to happen in spring. In future revisions, though, actual weather like whether one would have a picnic in January were weighted less than the other factors.