Insider's Guide on MITM

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Reese35, your guide is GREAT!!!! I can't wait to see the rest. It was good getting to see the additional quotes from the Pilot episode too - were they all of them? Were there any additional scenes too, or all the same scenes but just extended with the extra quotes?

reese35

Okay, let's compare the TV version with the DVD version. In the TV version, the song when Lois is shaving Hal's back is "It's Your Thing." In the DVD version, it's "You Sexy Thing." The opening scene does have a couple of additional quotes and more quiet time. In the DVD version, as Malcolm is heading to the office, Caroline is reading a magazine (don't see that on the TV version). More quiet time during Mal/Stevie's scene; as Malcolm is telling us about saturday mornings, we find Lois in the background, heading to the washer; as Francis goes bye-bye for the day, Mal/Reese/Dewey are chatting about how lucky Francis is, and a scuffle is started about skiing in Alabama; additional quotes in dinner scene, bedroom scene, classroom scene; more quiet time outside.... so to make a long story short, same scenes, but more time.

samboo1

So yeah a change in signature and avatar...i see.Lol!
Ive never heard anyone mention of longer scenes in the dvd. Thats interesting.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
amazing guide!!! Fantastic work!! I really admire how much work you must have put into that. It's really fantastic... I'm looking forward to seeing the next guide.

Though it is bad to send your e-mail out to us all, all i have to say is nice work and good luck on the guide as if you carry on, i'm sure you'll go far!!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Wow Reese35--That's amazing!!! I just glanced over it for now, but I saved it an will definitely be reading it in detail when I have more time. Awesome work. Can't wait to see the other seasons! :)

reese35

Re: inGuide: MITM

By the way, here's a little note on a mini-Extreme Makeover - the name has changed from Everything You Need To Know about Malcolm in the Middle to inGuide: Malcolm in the Middle. The main font has changed from Anklepants (KDKA-TV's former font) to QuickExpress (WSVN-TV's news font). Anklepants is still in the actor's names in the bios section and the dates for the seasons, but everything else is QuickExpress. Soon as i get the new files in a visible area, the makeover will be revealed.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: inGuide: MITM

Sounds like some uncommon fonts. You're making PDF's right? Make sure you embed the fonts, or everyone who looks at it will just see Times New Roman.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Keep up the good work. by the way whats with your signiture i dont understnad it? can u expalin?

reese35

I got the inspiration from idents from a Toronto television station, CITY-TV. (Just call it Citytv) There's also another Citytv in Vancouver (CKVU) and 3 more throughout Canada.The idents show people in Toronto and what they were doing. They announced and finished off the ident by saying "[From (region of Toronto) or otherwise noted], this is Citytv... Everywhere!"
Examples - Citytv Toronto
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_canada/city_ident1_96.rm
http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_canada/city_ident2_96.rm
Citytv Vancouver
http://www.geocities.com/ckvutvvancouver2/ckvu2002-cityid1.rm
http://www.geocities.com/ckvutvvancouver3/ckvu2005-ident01.rm
I wanted to do the same, so I got a pic of Reese showing off his hickey to Malcolm after sneaking off with those college girls from "Houseboat", and I'm sure you'll fill in the cracks.

reese35

All right. You have RealPlayer, you can check out the Citytv idents. Compare the idents with the sig/avatar, and you'll see where I got the inspiration.

samboo1

oh ok i kinda get it...i cant watch the things though. I dont have real player. But i get the jist of it.
Interesting infulences.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, I have an issue with Real Networks. Personally, I consider Real Player spyware and thus don't use it.

samboo1

Ive had it before...i dont see a problem with it. Ive noticed that a lot of things use real player these days. Thanks for the link reese35. Ive got it now:)
Hehe i like the way the guy says everywhere. Really american:D.