Learning to Drive

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Wildcat said:
I totally agree! I get so annoyed when people are going all slow and swerving all over the road because they're trying to talk on their stupid cell phone and drive at the same time.

I saw a bumper sticker one time that said: "I wonder if you could drive any better if you shoved that cell phone up your a$$." If I ever see it in a store, I'm buying it! :D

OMG you guys should see the bumper stickers available in the discount/variety stores over here. They are so hilarious! You can also get wall signs with similar messages. My brother has heaps of them, and I've got a few about cats (polite ones...cheezy I know :D)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
simon_4420 said:
I always think it weird that you can be on the road at 15 in the USA, because when I look around at the 15 years old I know I couldn't imagine then driving, unless they stole the car!

I fluked my test, I have no idea how I passed first time as I was bricking it. I remember that I had a lesson before the test and I could hardly drive I was so nervous. I only just past with 10 miners! If you are taking a test soon though I recomend that you tell no-one. Its way more fun. No-one knew I had a test not even my parents, so when I passed I came home and took my car out and my parents went mad at me for driving it on my own until I showed them my certificate. ALSO.... if you fail NO-ONE KNOWS!!!!:D
Impossible to do it without one's parent's permission over here--you need someone over 18 still to sign all the official paperwork.

And if you just "took the car out for a spin" here most people's parents would be just a little bit angry... :D

Kratos

Wildcat said:
I totally agree! I get so annoyed when people are going all slow and swerving all over the road because they're trying to talk on their stupid cell phone and drive at the same time.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Over here it's illegal to drive while talking on your mobile (cell phone)! Next your be telling me is OK to drive over there without a seat belt, lol.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
All(or most) of these laws apply in different states. In NJ, it's illegal to drive while talking on your cell phone, just like in NJ, at 15, you can get a moped license, at 16, driver's permit, and at 17, a drivers license.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You have a friend who's not a frosh? How'd that work out? :D In Wisconsin, that's all backed up a bit; you can get your permit at 15 1/2 and your license at 16.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Lets be nice; wouldn't want another "catfight" to ensue. ;):D

Back on topic--Virginia is the same as Wisconsin. You can get your learner's permit at 15.5 and your license at 16. I got my license on my 16th birthday, March 27. I had my first (and only) accident on April 27 of that same year. :D Just a little fender bender and it wasn't my fault. Really, IT WASN'T!!! :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Alright Sam, we all know that I have mor friends then you do, you even say yourself that you like to pretend to be social. I can name 30 people, right off the top of my head, that I can hang out with whenever I want. NOtice how I'm rarely ever on here on the weekends at night? It's me having a life... yeah. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I actually took drivers ed last year at my high school, but I still don't have my stupid permit. Ill try to get it this summer. By what I hear, it's pretty easy. At least I hope it is...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I must say I am quite surprised at how many people don't drive yet on these boards.

@J I said I try and be social with the friends I have--no one said I don't have friends--I just don't particularily like all of them. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
@J I said I try and be social with the friends I have--no one said I don't have friends--I just don't particularily like all of them. :D

You don't like some of your friends? I always thought liking a person was sort of a prerequisite to having them as a friend. Apparently I was wrong! :D That is, unless you're just using them because having them as a friend can benefit you in some way. But you would never do something like that! ;)

I'll be honest and say that although I have a lot of "aquaintences" and people that I used to be friends with but have drifted apart from, currently I don't have an over-abunance of people that I consider "friends"--only 6 that I'm really close to. At least I like them though! :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
yardgames said:
Man, you guys are tearing me apart here... :(

Awww..now I feel bad. :( We like giving you a hard time, but we still love you (in a big, happy MITM family sort of way) :D