What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!) - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

Quote Originally Posted by samboo1
    I tihnk so far i like the Francis and Piama spin off idea. But id also like to see maybe a spin off showing life at Marlin academy.
    That would be a good one.

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, by for hypothetical reasons be +ive!)

If i created a spin off of Malcolm in the Middle, it would probably be called ' Kevin, the younger to the older'. It would be about a boy aged 14 called Kevin who has two enemies, one younger and one older. His family are different to him in every way possible. His mum wears wierd clothes and his dad keeps teeling jokes that aren't funny!! His two brothers are constantly fighting one another!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, by for hypothetical reasons be +ive!)

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmReeseDewey
    If i created a spin off of Malcolm in the Middle, it would probably be called ' Kevin, the younger to the older'. It would be about a boy aged 14 called Kevin who has two enemies, one younger and one older. His family are different to him in every way possible. His mum wears wierd clothes and his dad keeps teeling jokes that aren't funny!! His two brothers are constantly fighting one another!!
    You realise the definition of a spinoff is take an entire character from the series including its personalities etc not to make up your own similar sitcom

There was a Kevin in MITM, but now he would be the same age as Malcolm, plus have very similar storylines.

When looking at sucessful spinoffs they are often very different from the originals, eg Fraiser and Cheers. Although somehow CSI and L&O manage to pull off identical spinoffs!

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

it would be quite hard to make a spin off series, it did work with some programmes but usually it doesn't. Like joey- friends spin off- it didn't really take off.

I got this idea from the official website. Malcolm says he found some videos Craig left behind while he was living at their house. Maybe, right before the halfway break, he could play one. The ones on the website include Craig reciting poetry about how much he hates Hal and talking about how well he knows Jellybean. They could do something like this every season.

Oh my gosh! Hasn't ANYBODY thought of this one yet? Malcolm going to college! He'll meet girls, make friends, all that stuff!
    Maybe it would be called:Malcolm Goes To College*
    Or maybe a show with Dewey, maybe: Dewey's World**

*working title
    **Courtesy of FOX Forum Members

It's not really a spinoff in any way. It just had some similarities, but really not many.

I would take reese out of mitm and stick him in the middle of a soap Opera. Like Corination Street or Eastenders. How do you think Reese would cope?

I think the reason main characters don't make good material for spin-offs is that their lives incorporate the other main characters too much, whereas a lesser-known character could easily be removed and explored in further detail.

So in real terms, while a spin-off about Malcolm at college would inevitably involve Hal and Lois in some way because they're his parents, a spin-off about the Kenarbens could be much more interesting - we don't know a great deal about Abe and Kitty (their parents etc) and Stevie could make new friends.

I agree that a spinoff involving Francis and Piama would be a great idea. Also, this isn't really a spinoff, but if the show continues for more seasons I think the focus should shift to Dewey since Malcolm and Reese will probably be moving out and going to college next year...well, Malcolm anyway. If that happens, we could still see what's going on in Malcolm and Reese's lives, but they would probably have smaller roles like Francis does now. The main focus would be on Dewey since he's about the age that Malcolm was when the show started. Dewey could start talking to the camera like Malcolm and all that. But then they'd have to call it Dewey in the Middle, wouldn't they? Hmmm, just a thought.