What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

Default What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

If I were to make a spin off of MITM, after the ending I think I would possibly choose a Francis and Piama spinoff, or possibly a Craig spinoff.

I believe from previous spinoffs that major character spinoffs don't work as well as say less well known characters, Fraiser being the prime example, and Joey being the prime failure.

These two sets would give you loads of remove to manouvre, and we would have tonnes of interseting storylines surrounding what they actually do in their spare time.

For example we could see what Craig does in the day, after work etc.

And perhaps Francis and Piama could start a family for Malcolm (Jr) In The Middle!

Any ideas, thoughts on a spinoff, who would you choose as your character(s) and what would you do with them.

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, by for hypothetical reasons be +ive!)

It's true what you say about the lesser known characters often having the best spin offs. So i think the Craig idea would work well, he's always been a good supporting actor (on Ellen as well as MITM) so i think he could pull off a lead role. Maybe something like Stevie at college would be another idea. He'd surely have some interesting experiences getting used to being away from home, although they'd have to modify the way he spoke if he was going to be the main character in a show, as i think it would become annoying fairly quickly.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, by for hypothetical reasons be +ive!)

A Francis and Piama spinoff would be good. And the Krelboynes would make an interesting spinoff too, with each episode involving a specific project similar to those they did in MITM (the rocket in High School Play, the Robot in Bots and the Bees)

With a Stevie spinoff, they could maintain his difficulty in speaking, but also have a lot of "Thinking" where you can here him thinking like JD in Scrubs.

A Stevie spinoff would indeed be really interesting, retaining the same lifestyle as what we have seen in MITM eg overprotective parents, smart etc

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

Another interesting spin-off was Dabney, Lloyd and Stevie going to college an d sharing an appartement. Stevie's parents would come every weekend to see there "little baby".

Default Re: What would be your Malcolm Spinoff (If at all, for hypothetical reasons be positive!)

I tihnk so far i like the Francis and Piama spin off idea. But id also like to see maybe a spin off showing life at Marlin academy.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)

There is a sort of spin off of Malcolm in the Middle called Oliver Beene. It is set in the 60's and the main character for some reason I can't understand, looks like Malcolm. He has an older, embarrasing brother (like Reese).

Does anyone watch/heard of it?
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

I think that show went off-air, didn't it? I saw one or two episodes, but I never really enjoyed it.

I've seen it. Ive never watched it fully but ive seen the characters. Ive got to say though that i dont think the main character looks like malcolm. That is if its the character im thinking of.
    Malcolm: Where did you get $30??
    Reese: What are you a cop?? (S2E22)