Unfollowed up, unresolved, disappearing storylines and characters.

Oh yeah, that little boy 'egg' in the episode 'Funeral'. He wasn't there at the end of the episode. Where did he go? I need to know where the dogs in 'Motivational Seminar' went too. That is a good episode but the poor dogs....

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I have a new one--What happened to Francis's plan to tour Europe as the manager of his friends' band from College Recruiters? It wasn't even mentioned in A.A.

Anyone else have something new to add?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
@ J, really? there are loads of left plots, that could have been developed, i dont really think they have to do it tho, but there is no deneying that they exist.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
There are quite a few if I remember correctly-

Hal-His whole company tried to frame him. Do we ever find out if he quit or not?

Reese-Ummmm....what happened to his wife? Haven't seen her in about a month.

Dewey-What happend with his girlfriend Gina?

And there are probably others but these are the ones I remember.

rzombie1988

tony_montana said:
Reese-Ummmm....what happened to his wife? Haven't seen her in about a month.

They got divorced, I think. I believe they mentioned something about it in the episode after.

Egg's appearance was just so random, and pointless. Maybe he will show up at the last episode. I don't want to spoil it any, but they could tie up a ton of things in it.

What about the hamster that Dewey let free? We haven't seen him in his ball in a while.

The other one I'd like to know about is Francis's friend Stanley that looked after him at Marlin. They never said anything about him.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The last time we saw the hampster was in Zoo, as Francis and Piama were leaving Alaska, so it's probably at the bottom of the Bering Strait.

Hal pretty much obviously lost his job after the trial; that's why he was looking for a new job at the beginning of season 6 in episodes like Buseys Run Away.

And Gina and Dewey are friends, but not boyfriend/girlfriend.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Can yardgames answer me two questions:
1)What does Hal do now? In fact, what did he do at his old job?
2)How the heck do you know that Dewey and Gina are just friends and not boyfriend/girlfriend?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Certainly I can. :D

1) Technically, we've never been told. We know he does something in business for a large corporation. Or at least he did. At this point, we're led to believe it's something similar, but probably a smaller company because he was always mad at himself for staying at the "crappy" company for so long and because they took a liking to him when he found the missing kids in Buseys Run Away.

2) I'm a believer in the show's continuity so I also believe that sometimes you have to interpret. It's like the Bible. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
On the topic of continuity... or lack thereof... in Reese's Apartment in Season 5, Malcolm had to help Ira write an essay for College and he got accepted. But in College Recruiters, Hal was meeting with College Recruiters for Malcolm.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
True, but Malcolm didn't ask for the help from Hal. He simply said he was having problems making his decision about where to go, not meeting admissions requirements. At that, Hal took over and started doing crazy Hal stuff.

cadetspangler

What happened to egg.

What happened to Cynthia. and all the krelboynes except 4 stevie

How hal got the bees off him.

Where the family lives

How Creg got his apartment back.

What happened to Richie after season 3

What Lois did to get the boys of the rof at the end of Smunday.