Sky Three for Freeview - Malcolm a possibility?

admin

Retired Administrator
[aimage=left]sky.gif[/aimage]Sky have decided to launch a new digital general entertainment channel which will also feature in the Freeview lineup, taking the place of Sky Travel. . The new channel will show content including the third series of 24, and Cold Case. The MITMVC speculates that Malcolm in the Middle reruns, or new episodes COULD be shown on this new channel. More on this coming soon! The new channel launches next month (October)

At the moment there are two chanels that do Malcolm in the Middle: SkyOne and bbc2. You said sky three will be coming to freeview, but i need to know (even if it seems a stupid question) is it coming to sky viewers? It's October at the moment and i'll check the sky monthly magazine but i don't know what's in there (i doubt it will be in there). I will be glad to see this new channel!!

admin

Retired Administrator
It is coming to all three of the main platforms, Sky, Cable and Freeview

Kratos

admin said:
Sky have decided to launch a new digital general entertainment channel which will also feature in the Freeview lineup, taking the place of Sky Travel. . The new channel will show content including the third series of 24, and Cold Case. The MITMVC speculates that Malcolm in the Middle reruns, or new episodes COULD be shown on this new channel. More on this coming soon! The new channel launches next month (October)

:D Thats well cool I cant wait... the whole freeview is being changed with the new "More 4" channel, so it be scan ahoy when its time. Fingers crossed they show it.

admin

Retired Administrator
Kratos said:
:D Thats well cool I cant wait... the whole freeview is being changed with the new "More 4" channel, so it be scan ahoy when its time. Fingers crossed they show it.

Indeed my fingers are crossed! Various sources state that the channel will launch on the 31st of October, so I look forward to seeing the schedules!

admin

Retired Administrator
My sources have confirmed the following programmes to appear on SKY THREE, sadly no signs of Malcolm in the Middle, yet anyway! :D

These are just the prime time programmes

Tru Calling
Brainiac: Science Abuse
Conspiracies
Cold Case
Jake 2.0
Oliver Beene
Las Vegas

There are some documentaries and stuff, but a lot of lifestyle and travel during the day. Can anyone comment on the above programmes, are they any good! :D

Kratos

OOh that's cool.

24 I never really watched... dont know anything about the others except Tru Calling... DO NOT MISS!!!

Its amazing, very good plot... in a nut shell dead people ask a girl for help and she re starts the day and has to save them from dying... almost every eppy has a twist you wont see coming. ;)

The bad news about it is that its only 26 eps long... Fox cancelled it during the second season :( it ends on a clifhanger and its no fair season 2 was fair better than season one. Oh yeah it stars Faith out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
24 which has been on BBC is the bestest Drame EVER, nothing beats it i think i would maybe kill to see the next episode in a season, its totally adictive. Tru Calling is ok, didnt really folowing say maybe 1 ep, the first, brainiac science abuse is just about silly thing to do with science its lught and they blow up caravans alot which is fun. - lots of blowing up. watched jake 2.0 for a bit, got board and lost the plot, oliver beane was surposed to be a bit like MITM set is 60/709 cant remmber, didnt watch it much, but i think it was quite good. Las vagas, surprisly gripping, followed it for a while, slightly sappy sorry lines but good action scenes.

Jimmy Junior

If new episodes of MitM (or any other quality programme) were to be shown on freeview, subsciption services such as sattelite and cable would become even less attractive options. I can't see Sky letting that happen.

admin

Retired Administrator
Jimmy Junior said:
If new episodes of MitM (or any other quality programme) were to be shown on freeview, subsciption services such as sattelite and cable would become even less attractive options. I can't see Sky letting that happen.

There is quite a few 30 minute TBA slots still in the schedule, so hopefully one of those will turn into MITM...

Jimmy Junior

I could see those being filled with 'classic Malcolm', Simpsons, X-Files, Scrubs, or that thing where Paris Hilton goes around America trying to do the things normal people do.
I would like to see Futurama and Family Guy shown on it, but I think that's a bit too much to ask for.

Dewey

Minimalistic
admin said:
Tru Calling
Brainiac: Science Abuse
Conspiracies
Cold Case
Jake 2.0
Oliver Beene
Las Vegas

There are some documentaries and stuff, but a lot of lifestyle and travel during the day. Can anyone comment on the above programmes, are they any good! :D

I'll comment briefly on the shows I've seen

Cold Case:
From the people behind CSI and Without a Trace is a show that is no ordinary crime drama. They return to unsolved crimes from the past (30s, 40s, 50s, 60s 70s 80s 90s). Well produced - they bring us into the past with effective use of imagery and all music in eps are from year of crime. A MUST SEE!

Brainiac: Science Abuse:
A "wacky" science programme. They do lots of cool experiments like stick things in microwaves and putting a fire extinguisher in an oven to find out what happens (DON"T DO IT :)) - makes science cool - its informative and educational yet at the same time makes great entertainment. Also stars a physics professor form my university (in series 3 at least) Prof John Killcoin of UoS.

Conspiracies:
A "pop" documentary series which is well researched, yet is rather questionable when thinking about their findings with an open mind. They discuss conspiracy theories about world events. So far, I have seen ones about Pan Am Flight 103, Titanic and 9/11.

Oliver Beene:
A sitcom set in the 1960s. Based around a young teenager, Oliver (played by the kid from Royal Tenambaums), with narration from a current day adult talking about his youth. Kind of the same approach as the ineties sitcom "Wonder Years", but more lighter. AAlthough not quite as good as MITM, thi was actually quite funny - still can't understandd why ratings were not so good when aird on Fox in US.

24:
A drama series set in real-time over course of a day. A good "student" thing to do with friends is the 24 hour "24 challenge": This is to sit and watch the entire DVD box set of a season, in one-sitting over the course of a full day (in real time). So far, I have done it with seasons 1 and 2 when i was in university. The time of season 1 begining is midnight, i think. So its good to watch it from midnight to midnight too - although, without commercials the eps are only 50 mins long, so it doesn't quite work out...but its still fun. Especially when you make it like a party with drinking and stuff!

KingTim

We used to have Sky, but then cancelled it. We kept the box, and so can decode some of the channels...unfortunately we don't get E4, More 4 and probably not Sky Three now. :(