Never revealed - the list....

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: The Wilkerson's

Officially, it's never been revealed. Originally, they were going to be called Wilkerson, but a joke that would have revealed it in the Pilot was edited out. Our only real hint is that Francis' name tag read Wilkerson, but it hasn't been mentioned since then. According to Bryan Cranston, the joke amongst the cast is that it's Nolastname.

Here's what we do know:
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=general1

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Are you talking about MITM?
Well, their last name is never pronounced, but in the pilot you can see Francis's name plate and you can read "Wilkerson" on it...

Amigo22

Super Moderator

Yeah, I've been wanting to find that out too - I remember a few weeks back someone posted that they'd seen advertising on TV that the last name would be revealed.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

Amigo22 said:
Yeah, I've been wanting to find that out too - I remember a few weeks back someone posted that they'd seen advertising on TV that the last name would be revealed.

Cranstonfan posted an article in the "Malcolm is Cancelled" thread that says Frankie hopes their last name and location are revealed before the show ends, but it didn't say that it will definitely happen.

simon_4420

Wildcat said:
Cranstonfan posted an article in the "Malcolm is Cancelled" thread that says Frankie hopes their last name and location are revealed before the show ends, but it didn't say that it will definitely happen.

I thought it said that he didn't want it to be revealed in that article..

@Amigo- the advertising on TV was just Sky using the assumed name "Wilkerson" to promote the start of Season 7 in the UK

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
@Simon, I think you might be right. The way it reads is kind of confusing. I didn't notice the NOT in there the first time I read it. Anyway, here's Here's the part of the article that talks about it. :)

Cranstonfan (from TVGuide.com) said:
Muniz hopes that his TV family's surname — only hinted at once, in the pilot, where Francis' school uniform bears the tag "Wilkerson" — is not at last confirmed in the series' final episodes. "That's something that's always been really cool about the show," he says of Malcolm's many mysteries. "Nobody knew how old the boys really were or where they lived. It made the audience think that they could be in any town." (A genuinely frightening thought.)

han_keep_smilin

In the simpsons otto the bus driver his last name is ever said Apu's wife is never mentioned much i have seen her a few times but never heard any of her names