Revamping Avatar System

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Retired Administrator
Sorry to all those who had a forum avatar, the system is currently being revamped, and will be up and running again soon. Please be patient. I am afraid to say that you will have to choose your avatar again once the revamp is complete

admin

Retired Administrator
Its all finished now. The sum it up quickly

I've now replaced the old quality pictures with the ones new thumbnails (simply compied over from the main VC)
I've fully added Season 6 images.
I've also made it so the more reputable posts you have to more avatars you can access.

I new member can access 5 avatars from Season 1, while a seasoned member with high reputation and over 1000 posts can use all the pics, especailly some exclusive ones from season 6 :D

Its all a bit of fun, so before you come down on my like a ton of bricks for encouraging spamming. I just though I'd say that those who do spam will not be able to use avatars at all! :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
personally i like my own custom 1.....but nice to hear there are some new 1's on offer, the only thing is that ppl could start having the same 1 if only 5 are avliable to new members..........

admin

Retired Administrator
You gain access to new ones very quickly, the first four seasons are completely available after 200 posts, and Season 5 after 500. Its only Season 6 which you will need to get to 1000 to have the fully selection.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You're right it does sound like encouraging spamming to me, especially considering the current state of events. But it's your forum. You could of at least told me first, I don't remember which one I had before! :)

arach

I don't know for sure but I think the picture I always used has changed. Do you have the old one lying around somewhere? The current one is too dark, I can barely identify Dewey.
Never mind if you don't have it, I can simply change my avatar.

I like it, its a really clever idea, something very simple, but a nice little addition, just adds some more interest to the milestone posts.

admin

Retired Administrator
arach said:
I don't know for sure but I think the picture I always used has changed. Do you have the old one lying around somewhere? The current one is too dark, I can barely identify Dewey.
Never mind if you don't have it, I can simply change my avatar.
I've increased the brightness for you, is that better or do you want it brighter?

Deweyrules! said:
I like it, its a really clever idea, something very simple, but a nice little addition, just adds some more interest to the milestone posts.
Thanks, I just thought it would add another reason to post, and promote the avatar system more. Most people tend to stick with one avatar, maybe now they will change it every so often!

[quote="yardgames]
You're right it does sound like encouraging spamming to me, especially considering the current state of events. But it's your forum. You could of at least told me first, I don't remember which one I had before! :)[/quote]
Well I knew you would say that, but there you go! :D I didn't realise your avatar was so important to you. I am sure if you look in the "Web Archives" website you'll find out which avatar you used to have! :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
What's this about Season 6 images? The menu only goes to Season 4. If that's all I can access, that sucks! :mad:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Amigo, the more rep and posts you have, the more avatars you get.

Sam, I remember your avatar, want me to change it for you? :) No, seriously, It's on the same page your current one is and just to the right and above.

arach

Thanks David, that's bright enough.

But you want people to change avatars? I have to say I'm not a big fan of this, because once you have an avatar, people identify you with it; it makes threads easier to read because you don't even have to read the name. So I'll stick with that one for a while, if you don't mind. Although I think it's a good idea to bring some life into the avatar system. ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Right, Amigo, a few more posts. :) Personally, I like the ones from earlier seasons, better.

@J, yes, please change it back. Maybe then I'll recognize it. :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Moderators can edit others profile? i dont remeber being able to do that, werid.....

It would be good if the motivational seminar picture with dewey with his tatoo saying 'lois is my mother' on it was there!! I like the stilts picture too. If you're here admin, can you put it on your sort out list please. That would be great!! xx thank you xx

Kratos

Could we not just chose our own? I mean I like to make mine... :)

But that's just my thoughts as a total newbie. :p

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MRD, all of the season six avatars are available once you reach a certain threshold in the number of posts and reputation. But please don't spam to do so, as your reputation will suffer and you won't have access to them. Just be patient, and suddenly, they'll appear as a surprise one day. :)

Kratos, I believe selecting your own avatar is also a choice once you reach a set number of posts/reputation level.

Kratos

OK thank you Yardgames :D Errr also is there a place to post stuff that you have done, or do I just start a basic thread in the general area?

arach

Kratos said:
OK thank you Yardgames :D Errr also is there a place to post stuff that you have done, or do I just start a basic thread in the general area?
What do you mean with "stuff that you have done"?

Status
Not open for further replies.