Blog Party

arach

When I read that Megan's friends all use Livejournal now, I asked myself a question.

It seems to be a new trend that everybody in the world writes down his diary on the internet, so I want to ask who of you does that too?

I thought about starting one some time ago, but I think it's a waste of time, since noone would be interested in reading it. Furthermore, I don't think I would feel comfortable about everyone reading all about my life.

But there are so many people now who like "blogging". Are you one of them?

samboo1

Well on my msn space i have a few blogs, but most of the time i dont know what to write! I dont really have an exciting life to write about!:cool:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I used to maintain a blog but I really stopped having enough time or topics to continue. My old posts are still on BlogSpot; basically, I just complained about things...it was fun!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
As far as putting my personal life on a blog - no thanks i dont want anybody being able to read it, however if it was for a specfic reason, tracking a sciefic investigation, people can read and comment and help thought your work, or say your on a gap year/holiday and ou want to keep people back home up to date you could have a blog for that saying what you did etc. however i personally dont and wouldnt want to have a daily personal blog, but i know loads of people who do.....

I dont know anyone who uses it as a diary, its mainly used to document specific days events with pics. I understand the premise but dont use them myself- seem a bit pointless

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I, of course, use one. For various reasons. Mostly it's just a good way to keep up with friends. When you have friends at different colleges across the country, it's an easy way to see what's going on in their life. And, if something happens and you want to tell everyone about it, you just have to write it down once and everyone knows. I don't put very much personal stuff in it, and if I do I lock it so that only my friends can see it.

Oh, and I can't stand the word "blog".

arach

May I ask for a link?
Don't be afraid to say no if it's only something to your and your friends concern.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I've never done it myself yet, but all this talk of blogging has inspired me with an idea. Providing you have something interesting to say, it can be a fascinating concept. Now, if only I can work out how its done :)

More follows.....

Dewey

Minimalistic
I finally got round to setting up a "blog page". My idea is to publish all my reviews on there for all to see. Feel free to take a look and post comments. The link is: http://deweysreviews.blogspot.com/

I've called the blog: "Dewey's Review Page". My first (and curently the only) review on there is for the first Simpsons episode of season 17. Forthcoming reviews i will add will include:
  • Simpsons - 17.02
  • King of the Hill - 10.01
  • Special Victims Unit - 7.01
  • Sebastian Tellier - La Ritournelle (music single)
These are currently pending. My Objective is to write a review for every new piece of media I consume - be it movies, music or television. Any kind of feedback is welcomed!

And in case you are wondering about the name; "Dewey Nyman" - that is my pseudonym - I have my reasons.

One thing to mention is how simple and uncomplex it was to set this up. True to what the site suggests, it took around 5 minutes. And I am usually not very good with computers and technical stuff - so if I could do it - just about anyone can! :)

arach

CJman327 said:
I don't understand what the heck a "blog party" is!
I referred to the episode Block Party. I thought blog and block sounded familiar, so why not call the thread blog party.