Do you know members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Due to the discussion about wether friend being on a forum is a good/bad idea, i thought id ask the question

do you know anybody who is an active member on the forum here personally as in met them?

for me the answer is no.

admin

Retired Administrator
MalcolmReeseDewey said:
No but i'm persuading my friends to join as it's such a cool site. Tjpeople your rep will go up!!
Reputation is more of a personal/private thing MRD, please refrain from mentioning it in posts, as it can cause jealousy and rifts in the forum. Please only use it for exceptional quality posts and not any old post (no offense tj!)

In answer to Tjs question, I don't no any members in their "human form" here.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Technically, I don't "know" anyone, but I've formed images of people in my mind's eye. Occassionally, some members have been kind enough to share photos of themselves; J., for example, I considered taller; Tessa has a really really round face; and Darren uses lots of gel. I'm still waiting to see a picture of David. Right, now, he's got blonde hair, blue eyes, kind of bulgy... :)

arach

You saw a picture of Darren?

Since I seem to be the only member from Austria around here, I guess I don't know anyone in here personally.
I have mixed feelings concerning this. On the one hand it would be fun answering to topics, then discuss everyones opinions in real life. But on the other hand it would be pretty weird. Because there is a real-life-with-real-friends-me and an internet-discussing-in-forums-me. It's not that I'm acting different around here than I do in real life, but it would mix up two different parts of my life. I don't know how to explain it better.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I don't know anyone on this forum, but I had a friend who had a website and all of his friends would go on the forums. It was a way for him to keep in touch with everyone, because he had moved away from where he grew up. So he knew everyone on the forum in person, and I knew some of them. The weirdest thing is interacting with someone on a forum for months, and then finally meeting them. That happened to me a few times. Now everyone uses Livejournal, so the forums are dead. Kinda sad. End of a era.

arach

I also was on a forum meeting once. It was pretty cool. We camped somewhere in Germany. Meeting those people was nice, but also weird. You really don't know how these people act in real life, although you probably spent over 2 years talking to them in the forum. It's like meeting complete strangers.

And I don't mind being on a forum with people that I all know in RL. It's only strange when you don't know anyone in RL, except one or two friends which are in the forum too. I would feel uncomfortable with it.

I think its quite interesting not meeting or seeing pictures of people. I know when I first joined, I got everyones genders wrong, you just make unfounded assumptions, not too sure why. And then there is the nationallity of people, I find it fascinating how few differences there are between the different nationalities on the vc.

allison

yardgames said:
Tessa has a really really round face; and Darren uses lots of gel. :)
Oh yeah, is it really THAT round? :( lol I think you don´t even really see my face on that picture, but if you even think so from the picture you saw it must be really round.
I don´t know anyone personally, but I´ve also formed some images in my mind. Most people I´ve seen pictures of look pretty different, though. I also pictured yardgames differently.

arach

I want to see those pictures of you btw. Is it possible that you, yg and allison, send them to me? I'm very curious how both of you look like.

allison

I don´t think I still have it on my computer. But I know someone who maybe still has it on her computer and if she sends it to me, I could send it to you.
I´d also like to see a picture of you. :D

samboo1

Anyone send me photos of them! I have'nt seen anyone from here (apart from a marching band justin:)) but id like to so please send me some pictures:Dand of course ill send some of me:D

admin

Retired Administrator
I feel it best to just remind you guys at this point that you must not use the forums to contact each other in person. Or arrange to meet each other in person. Nor may you use these forums to exchange postal addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers or anything else, except email addresses.

This is for your own safety and others saftely while using the forums.

I am not criticsing your discussion on photos here, that is absolutely fine. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
And when do we get to see a picture of our wonderful administrator, the godly one who created the forums?

Dewey

Minimalistic
yardgames said:
Tessa has a really really round face; and Darren uses lots of gel.
Don't forget - we have also seen your picture. :)
As for the gel in my hair - the prostitutes don't seem to mind. :)

admin

Retired Administrator
I'm going to have to ask you to decrease your signature size Dewey. Is it possible to reduce to about 60/70% its current size? You can use PSP for that. Or if not tell me and I can reduce it for you. :D Theres nothign wrong with the sig itself, its just a bit on the big side, especially for those with lower resolution screens

Dewey

Minimalistic
I wasn't sure of how to do go about reducing the image size, and unfortunately was unable to seek a smaller version of the amazing painting on the internet.

Please go ahead and reduce it to what you regard as acceptable - but could you keep it the same propottion in terms of width and height to avoid distortion - i.e. the dragging of a corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.