Do you know members?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know members?

Default Do you know members?

Due to the discussion about wether friend being on a forum is a good/bad idea, i thought id ask the question

do you know anybody who is an active member on the forum here personally as in met them?

for me the answer is no.

Need help? Email Me Here

Default Re: Do you know members?

No but i'm persuading my friends to join as it's such a cool site. Tjpeople your rep will go up!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmReeseDewey
    No but i'm persuading my friends to join as it's such a cool site. Tjpeople your rep will go up!!
    will it?
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmReeseDewey
    Reputation is more of a personal/private thing MRD, please refrain from mentioning it in posts, as it can cause jealousy and rifts in the forum. Please only use it for exceptional quality posts and not any old post (no offense tj!)

In answer to Tjs question, I don't no any members in their "human form" here.

Technically, I don't "know" anyone, but I've formed images of people in my mind's eye. Occassionally, some members have been kind enough to share photos of themselves; J., for example, I considered taller; Tessa has a really really round face; and Darren uses lots of gel. I'm still waiting to see a picture of David. Right, now, he's got blonde hair, blue eyes, kind of bulgy...

You saw a picture of Darren?

Since I seem to be the only member from Austria around here, I guess I don't know anyone in here personally.
    I have mixed feelings concerning this. On the one hand it would be fun answering to topics, then discuss everyones opinions in real life. But on the other hand it would be pretty weird. Because there is a real-life-with-real-friends-me and an internet-discussing-in-forums-me. It's not that I'm acting different around here than I do in real life, but it would mix up two different parts of my life. I don't know how to explain it better.

I don't know anyone on this forum, but I had a friend who had a website and all of his friends would go on the forums. It was a way for him to keep in touch with everyone, because he had moved away from where he grew up. So he knew everyone on the forum in person, and I knew some of them. The weirdest thing is interacting with someone on a forum for months, and then finally meeting them. That happened to me a few times. Now everyone uses Livejournal, so the forums are dead. Kinda sad. End of a era.

I also was on a forum meeting once. It was pretty cool. We camped somewhere in Germany. Meeting those people was nice, but also weird. You really don't know how these people act in real life, although you probably spent over 2 years talking to them in the forum. It's like meeting complete strangers.

And I don't mind being on a forum with people that I all know in RL. It's only strange when you don't know anyone in RL, except one or two friends which are in the forum too. I would feel uncomfortable with it.

Hmm, it would be strange meeting all of you. I would probably call arach Vincent a few times.

I think its quite interesting not meeting or seeing pictures of people. I know when I first joined, I got everyones genders wrong, you just make unfounded assumptions, not too sure why. And then there is the nationallity of people, I find it fascinating how few differences there are between the different nationalities on the vc.