Renaming the Beloved Wilkerson Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Retired Administrator
Re: Wilkerson

I never read this thread before, but since I've read it now my question is, what do you want to call this forum if you don't like "Wilkerson Times" :D

Does anyone remember what the magazine in "Dirty Magazine" was called perhaps we could name it after that! :D

Emrysgirl

admin said:
Does anyone remember what the magazine in "Dirty Magazine" was called perhaps we could name it after that! :D
Filthy Smut ...yeah, somehow I don't see that becoming a forum name:D

admin

Retired Administrator

Emrysgirl said:
Filthy Smut ...yeah, somehow I don't see that becoming a forum name:D
hmm, perhaps not then! Maybe that could be our 18+ forum!

Maybe I should hold a competition to rename this forum if its generally an unliked name! :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I like it. But you really should make Seasons 6 and 7 just Season 7 now, and the Grotto needs a name. It's not random enough.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Who dislikes 'the wilkerson times' ? thats news to me. I agree with sam it should be season 7 now only. and when you say naming this forum, do u mean that this whole forum is named 'the wilkerson times' cuase id never thought about it like that, it think of it as the MITMVC forum.

Emrysgirl

I like Wilkerson Times. I say keep it. But yeah, as Sam said, "The Grotto" isn't random enough. It needs to be really out there like "Bubbles". Maybe that should be one of the rewards for Member of the Week:D. You pick a name for the Grotto that is used through the week.

Or permanently name it New Sealand :D.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
New Sealand--now that woud be funny! That is random, and has some meaning to those of us on these forums.

Jimmy Junior

admin said:
"The Crystal Ship"? Yeah, that could work - what with the Crystal Ship being the school's place for "free speech"; a kind of 'forum', if you will.

I don't any of the folders should be called anything more abstract - people (particularly new members) still need to have a vague idea of where to post what.

arach

Hmm the Crystal Ship.. I don't even remember that it was called like that. I'd go with Wilkerson Times for now, since I can't think of anything better. I don't bother anyway, I'm used to it.

The Grotto... we could name it Tiki Lounge.
Or Dewey's Special Class - but that would make people think that we're a bunch of weirdos. :p

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I like "The Wilkerson Times", and i don't think it should be changed. I can't remember having read anything about anybody not liking the term. But i might be wrong.

But i really much love the idea of "Tiki Lounge"...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It sounds like we're all pretty happy with the Wilkerson Times, but the Grotto needs to be changed. I'm for Tiki Lounge; that would be fun.

admin

Retired Administrator
I have to say Hot Tub and Tiki Lounge are both excellent ideas for renaming the Grotto!

It appears you've all decided that the Wilkerson Times was a good idea now, it could always be the Wilkerson Gazette, Herald etc..!

Anyway lets have a mini vote

I would like to rename "The Grotto" to...

"Hot Tub"
"Tiki Lounge"
"Dewey's Special Class"
"Reese's Apartment"
"Block Party"
"I like the grotto keep at as "The Grotto"

Feel free to suggest another great name if you have any ideas! I shall rename it next week probably

Emrysgirl

I thought we were thinking of names that aren't related to MitM, like the subject matter for this forum:(. If we're using MitM related names, I say keep The Grotto.

CJman327

OK, here are my ideas for the Malcolm In The Middle forums:

Absolutely Filthy Smut can be our 18+ Forums

Life Is Unfair can be our General MITM Discussion area.

The Wilkerson Gazette can be our secondary general MITM forum.

The Tiki Lounge can be a cool place to post what you feel like and chill out.

Reese's Apartment can be where the MITM party is!

Marlin Academy can be our 13+ Forums

Season 7 Info can be where we post info about upcoming Season 7 info.

I hope you like my ideas!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We used to have more boards than just the four we have now, but we found that people were unsure where to post things, and we were constantly moving topics around, so I think ti's best to stick to just a few different ones, rather than lots. But good ideas nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.