Unhappily Ever After

admin

Retired Administrator
Has anyone seen Justin Berfield in this show, its shown daily on ABC1 in the UK (Which is now available on Sky to all you Sat viewers!) Personally I don't think its very good at all. Infact its probably one of the worst US imports I've seen in recent years!

allison

I´ve seen a lot of episodes, but I have to agree with you that it´s not so great. The humour is a bit too exaggerated and most episodes are pretty similiar. Most people say it´s a married with children rip-off. I think married with children was a bit more realistic. Unhappily ever after was full of clichees, but of course they did that on purpose and made fun of it. There were some funny episodes, though, and the funniest scenes were usually the ones where the father talked to his stuffed animal and his family was starring at him because they realized that he´s insane.
I think Justin´s character was my favourite on the show (and not only because he was played by Justin:D ) because he was pretty normal compared to the others and he also said the funniest things. Justin did a good job and if you follow this link you can see that he was the only actor of the show who was nominated for an award
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112206/awards
The older brother was too stupid. He was not Reese-stupid, but so dorky it wasn´t funny anymore and Tifanny had nothing besides her looks. It´s not the worst sitcom I´ve ever seen, but it wasn´t great, either.

Wemboy

I don't think it's all that bad. There are some funny moments, and one thing I like is that they're not afraid to make politically incorrect jokes. Also the bunny is sometimes quite funny. I agree though, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it; better than 8 simple rules though:D !

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I actually like that show a lot, although it's nearly the same like "Married with children". Justin is pretty cute in that show (can i say that as a man? :D )
But I didn't like Tiffany, i just can't find any interesting in the character.

allison

Dabney said:
I actually like that show a lot, although it's nearly the same like "Married with children". Justin is pretty cute in that show (can i say that as a man? :D )
But I didn't like Tiffany, i just can't find any interesting in the character.
Wow, a male who doesn´t like Tiffany. :D I totally agree with you, but when I went to a site called jumptheshark.com it seemed like most people just watched the show because of her.
I think Justin´s character Ross is the opposite of Reese which is pretty funny. He really was cute, I think you can also say that as a man. :D

Ryebeach

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
I've never seen the film but i have heard Justin's in it just by going on imdb quite a lot!!
Unhappily Ever After was actually a TV series Justin appeared in, his second tv series. It aired in the US from 1995 to 1999 on the WB. I caught a few episodes here and there but don't really remember it all that well.

Orayne

I've seen a lot of episodes and I think it's a cool sitcom...obviously it isn't the best show ever but it isn't so bad! And Justin is just SO cute!!! I'm just wild about him!(with his little voice!:laugh: )

Richiepiep

Administrator
Just a weird coincidence. Comedy Central is now showing Unhappily Ever After on weekdays, followed by MITM, which means you see Justin Berfield age five years in a matter of seconds ...... The mind boggles.

It's good to see the extreme difference though between MITM and something very routine like UEA, which must have been conceived as a clone of Married With Children with some Alf thrown in.

It's quite randy and trashy though, with a very randy and trashy audience laughing, hooting and howling, especially when the Tiffany character appears in invariably negligible outfits exposing navel and Barbie legs.

It's also extremely repetitive in all respects, and Justin is used just for comic relief, not as a real character. Some people might like it for its unapologetic unwholesomeness, but really, MITM is in a class by itself. The best parts, I agree, are the dad talking to the bunny.

Rich