Do you like frankie's films?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Do you like frankie's films?

I would like frankie to become a sorta star in the furture so i could look back at the old days when he was in mitm.

i mean he's done agent cody banks and racing stripes and other and they have all been a bit kiddy.

would be nice to see him in something more adult.

what do you say?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's Frankie's take on it too. When he looked eleven, that was all he could do, but he didn't do a movie last summer because he couldnt' find a respectable role. I would expect to see Frankie play in a more adult role soon.

starlite07

I like his movies, one of my favorite is big fat liar. It would be interesting to see him in more adult movies.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
There good, not great, but good. even from my piont of view(a 14 year old) They are a bit childish. I think it's just that they think of him as 'that little kid from My Dog Skip' and 'that kid from MITM'. No one takes him seriously, so he takes what he can get, kid-like movies.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's true, that's how he's referred to in my house if he happens to show up in a minor role during a movie we're watching.

admin

Retired Administrator
starlite07 said:
I like his movies, one of my favorite is big fat liar. It would be interesting to see him in more adult movies.
To be honest in my opinon I doubt he can or will successfuly make the transition. I think he is going to be this generations Macualy Culkin. Great child actor, but I just don't see him being an adult actor. If he wants to be an adult actor he need to stop acting in child roles now and stop accepting child roles - infact he should probably go into hiding for a few years, perhaps 10 or so, then come back out as an adult actor - otherwise he will just be classed as a child actor forever.

I find when I am watching Frankie's films I just end of thinking its Malcolm, just Malcolm saving the world, or Malcolm going to Hollywood, or Malcolm in the 1960s or whatever, everytime I see Frankie i think Malcolm

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Actually, he did stop accepting child roles, except for Malcolm. That's why he didn't do a movie last summer; MGM wanted him to do another Cody Banks.

I still feel like it's Frankie when I watch him in a movie, but it doesn't feel the same as Malcolm to me. Frankie did as best a job as he could acting; the writing just wasn't meant for someone my age, and that, as we've mentioned, is his primary problem.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I've never seen Frankie Muniz in anything other than MITM. To be honest, none of his movies have really appealed to me.

allison

I also think he should just accept roles in adult movies from now on if he wants to make the transition. The question is just if he´ll be offered those roles. I can´t say if I see Frankie as Malcolm no matter what roles he plays-I think it depends on the movie. In Agent Cody Banks it was also like "Malcolm saving the world" to me, but when I watched "miracle in lane 2" I somehow didn´t have that feeling.
I think it would be really difficult for him to get any good roles if he really disappeared for like 10 years, though. You´re right that he´ll be labelled as Malcolm like forever and that´s why I also doubt that he´ll really manage to become a believable adult actor who people are going to take seriously.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Not that he really needs to continue acting. According to his mother, he was set for life financially when he turned 17, two years ago.

Wemboy

I think it depends entirely on him. I mean, he's young and very rich, and unfortunately that can be a bad combination. Isn't one of the Olsen twins in re-hab? Well that could easily happen to Frankie, Cocaine is God's way of telling you that you have to much money in my opinion; but unfortunately it takes some people a while to realise that (For legal reasons i'm not accusing either the Olsen twins or Frankie of using drugs, merely pointing out that they have enough money to buy alot of them). A lot of young stars seem to crash and burn once they take control of their finances. So if he's got his head screwed on right and get's good advice he'll be ok, but if he hasn't, then he could well go off the rails like so many before him (sorry don't mean to be a doom merchant). If this is a bit of a dodgy post delete it and i'm sorry in advance, not sure what I can and can't say?:confused:

allison

Let´s hope that won´t happen to Frankie. As far as I know the worst thing that happened to Frankie so far is that he seemed to have become a little conceited and let the success go to his head.
I´ve read in the german MITM forum that Frankie is going to be in a horrormovie called "stay alive". It will probably be his first role in an adult movie (he doesn´t play the main character, though).
The movie is about some friends who haven´t seen each other for quite a long time, but then all go to the funeral of another friend. It turns out that this friend has died because he played a Computer game called "stay alive". Apparently murders which are commited in the game are also going to happen in real life. Frankie plays a computer freak called Swink Sylvania.
That´s all information I´ve got so far, but the movie sounds pretty interesting to me.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
If that goes well, that will help him a lot. You need to start small if you're going to make this transition properly.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
He may not been into cocaine but he's bin hanging round the playboy mansion a few times. i hope his career doesnt crash and burn, i like him as an actor not just in mitm and can't wait for stay alive to come out to see him in an adult role.

Gouki

I enjoyed Big Fat Liar, and I'm 18. It was definitely more interesting and enjoyable than Cody Banks, which I'm watching right now. If someone in that movie won't make the transaction, it'll definitely be Duff, not Muniz.

Wemboy

Stay Alive sounds interesting. Although in fairness there are a lot of horror films that flop, and often with good reason. Still, it could end up like the Faculty or something, which had a lot of young actors in it and that is a really respected film, i'd definitely recommend it. Stay Alive sounds a bit like Final Destination, what with people trying to "escape death" when they've been destined to die. Still sounds like it could be pretty good, i look forward to hearing more about it.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
I believe all of Frankie's films sucks !
And Stay Alive seems, hum, a film for tennager. And Frankie says he want do movies more adult :confused:

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
@Tyno

Everyone has to start somewhere. I could go into acting, All my teachers think I'd do great. I was Ebenezer Scrooge in "A Cristmas Carol". That would be a jumping off point for me.

What I'm trying to say is Frankie is trying, He did children stuff(my dog skip, etc.) Now he's getting into teenage movies, then probably more adult roles in movies.

I think it's just that they think of him as 'that little kid from My Dog Skip' and 'that kid from MITM'. No one takes him seriously, so he takes what he can get, kid-like movies.
I posted that earlier, and it still holds true.

But now he might be that "guy" from MITM, that "gut" from Stay Alive. Understand?

Emrysgirl

I generally avoid movies centered around children, but I ended up watching Big Fat Liar a while back at a friends house. It was good: not creative, but ammusing. Frankie did a very good job with it.

I agree that he needs to go into hiding for a few years before he can be taken seriously as an adult actor. Unfortunately, I still don't think he'll make it. On MITM, he's usually amazing. But on the few shows where he has semi-adult plots, he hasn't done a very good job. I think his career will end as a child actor.