FlashChat
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FlashChat

Default FlashChat

Visit FlashChat more often! I talk to the person there but they don't respond, and then when I come back, they're gone! So as I said earlier, visit FlashChat more often!

--CJMAN327

Default Re: FlashChat

We used to have a scheduled chat every Saturday and encourage members to come, but finding a time where members from all corners of the world could meet at once was troublesome, to say the least, so we no longer encourage the chat too often. Instead, we recommend that you participate here in the forums instead; that way, any member can see what you've written at any time of day.

If you are in the chat room, you might find the shoutbox useful for inviting other members. If there are other members online, leave a message in teh shoutbox like "Join me for a chat!"

Finally, there is a flaw in this version of FlashChat that occassionally shows a person online who in fact is not online, which may be why they are not replying to you. When you log on, Flash Chat sends you the list of members who is online, but the flaw is that that list is usually outdated, and sometimes includes the last member or two who was also online. The name disappears after your computer queries the chat for an update and realizes that person is no longer there. So don't worry, they're not being rude.

Thanks for telling me!

Yeah I have the same problem most of the time. When I come in, some person leaves. Most likely the last one that was really there. Pretty annoying. I always miss everybody.

Chat schedule: Maybe we can make different chat times for EU and for US. Bud nah forget it, some may feel excluded. But we have to do something, that's for sure. Stupid time zones..

Well, if time zones are that important to those of you in Europe, let's have the chat at a time thats in the middle of the night for you....

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Well, if time zones are that important to those of you in Europe, let's have the chat at a time thats in the middle of the night for you....
    I dont get it...

Anyway... I think since the time difference between Europe and US is 6 hours or so, there is no way to make a chat time that fits for both of us. It's clear that the perfect chat time would be evening, since that's the time where most people are online, but either it's too early for you, or too late for us.

Damn.... time zones...

I think one of the other major problems with a mass organised chat, is the fact it would be hard to keep up with a conversatio if (for example) 20 people were chatting together, I think converstation would become very confused and therefore the forum is better

I suffer from insomnia, so staying up til the early hours to chat to strangers from all corner of the globe; online is really not a problem for me.

I know, Mr. Stooge #1.

Too bad that there is never anyone else in there when I log in any more.