FlashChat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJman327

Visit FlashChat more often! I talk to the person there but they don't respond, and then when I come back, they're gone! So as I said earlier, visit FlashChat more often!:mad:

--CJMAN327

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We used to have a scheduled chat every Saturday and encourage members to come, but finding a time where members from all corners of the world could meet at once was troublesome, to say the least, so we no longer encourage the chat too often. Instead, we recommend that you participate here in the forums instead; that way, any member can see what you've written at any time of day.

If you are in the chat room, you might find the shoutbox useful for inviting other members. If there are other members online, leave a message in teh shoutbox like "Join me for a chat!"

Finally, there is a flaw in this version of FlashChat that occassionally shows a person online who in fact is not online, which may be why they are not replying to you. When you log on, Flash Chat sends you the list of members who is online, but the flaw is that that list is usually outdated, and sometimes includes the last member or two who was also online. The name disappears after your computer queries the chat for an update and realizes that person is no longer there. So don't worry, they're not being rude. :)

arach

Yeah I have the same problem most of the time. When I come in, some person leaves. Most likely the last one that was really there. Pretty annoying. I always miss everybody.

Chat schedule: Maybe we can make different chat times for EU and for US. Bud nah forget it, some may feel excluded. But we have to do something, that's for sure. Stupid time zones.. :confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, if time zones are that important to those of you in Europe, let's have the chat at a time thats in the middle of the night for you....

arach

yardgames said:
Well, if time zones are that important to those of you in Europe, let's have the chat at a time thats in the middle of the night for you....
I dont get it... :rolleyes:

Anyway... I think since the time difference between Europe and US is 6 hours or so, there is no way to make a chat time that fits for both of us. It's clear that the perfect chat time would be evening, since that's the time where most people are online, but either it's too early for you, or too late for us.

Damn.... time zones...

I think one of the other major problems with a mass organised chat, is the fact it would be hard to keep up with a conversatio if (for example) 20 people were chatting together, I think converstation would become very confused and therefore the forum is better

Dewey

Minimalistic
I suffer from insomnia, so staying up til the early hours to chat to strangers from all corner of the globe; online is really not a problem for me. :)

arach

Deweyrules! said:
I think one of the other major problems with a mass organised chat, is the fact it would be hard to keep up with a conversatio if (for example) 20 people were chatting together, I think converstation would become very confused and therefore the forum is better
I don't think we would manage to get 20 people in there at a time. We are too few.

Maybe there are more people in the chat when the new season finally starts.

CJman327

Yeah I agree. I want this to be up on the latest discussion board for people to see because I can't get anybody in there! And if I do, I'll get in trouble witht he admin! And if THAT happens I'll be in trouble!!!!:(

admin

Retired Administrator
We will start organising big chat sessions, the Saturday night after the episode. Maybe even a Friday Night (US) time if I can get J. and yardgames to organize that, so they start chatting right after the episode ends. I obviously won't be awake to organise that one, but I will be offering a Saturday night for the rest of the world! :D

admin

Retired Administrator
CJman327 said:
Today's Saturday!:D
There was no episode yesterday though. So there would be no point. It also requires planning, posting in other forums and a newsletter reminder.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Ok, lets take a look at my week:

Sunday: Grandparents house, no internet (I had to beg them just to take our old computer)

Monday:free

Tuesday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)

Wedneday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)

Thursday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)
(Note: Marching season ends after the second week of November, when we go to the Atlantic Coast Championships on Nov. 12)

Friday: Football game (5:00-at least 10:30PM)

Saturday: Band compition (Usually have 3-4 hour practice before compition, compitions las roughly 1 hour, plus drive time, so I guess 6-7 hours of day gone)

Does that help narrow down the days? :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
J. said:
Ok, lets take a look at my week:

Sunday: Grandparents house, no internet (I had to beg them just to take our old computer)

Monday:free

Tuesday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)

Wedneday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)

Thursday: Band, 6:00-9:00PM(US East Coast Time)
(Note: Marching season ends after the second week of November, when we go to the Atlantic Coast Championships on Nov. 12)

Friday: Football game (5:00-at least 10:30PM)

Saturday: Band compition (Usually have 3-4 hour practice before compition, compitions las roughly 1 hour, plus drive time, so I guess 6-7 hours of day gone)

Does that help narrow down the days? :)
God! thats alot of Band!

Do you go on the notorious 'Band Camps'?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
tjpeople said:
God! thats alot of Band!

Do you go on the notorious 'Band Camps'?
Yes, we have band camp, it happened over the summer, Augast to be exact, so it doesn't get in the way of MITM.

packer-backer said:
Thats a little off topic J. Just thought I'd mention that since youve been really strict about stuff like that lately.

David wanted to know if Sam and I could host a chat on Fridays, I told everyone my life until November, because I think (correct me if I'm wrong, please) I have the busiest schedule, therefore, it would be best to know when a mod can't be on. It is on-topic, as I have just explained how, mod organized chat (I am a mod) + Friday (or any other day then Monday or sunday nights) = not good for me.

packer-backer

I have an extremely busy schedule too. Not quite as busy as yours though. mine is almost exactly like yours except substitute marching band with football.

Status
Not open for further replies.