• Malcolm dates a family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowling

• Stereo store

• Total voters

samboo1

Well, even though, by reading the thread it sounds like bowling would be a sure winner, cheerleader is in the lead! Who would of thought!

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Look how many people took this poll, too. That's way more than the number of people that post on a regular basis. I think we have a lot of young girls reading the forums.

Emrysgirl

Dewey said:
What about episode 2.1 - 'Traffic Jam'?

Malcolm's love interest (Jessica) was also a murderer when her actress (Hallee Hirsh) starred in a very fine episode of Law and Order. - its a must see!
That interested me enough to look it up and actually, she appears in 2 L&O eps, and as 2 different people.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Emrysgirl said:
That interested me enough to look it up and actually, she appears in 2 L&O eps, and as 2 different people.
I didn't realise she starred in two L&O episodes. The one I was thinking of was 10.2 - Killerz. This was aired in UK on the Hallmark Channel last Friday, so its still fresh in mind.

More Follows.....

Did I miss something in cheerleader. I dont get its overwhelming popularity, I think it was a good eppisode but nowhere near as good as bowling- a true classic in my mind. Discuss :D

Malcoholic

Deweyrules! said:
Did I miss something in cheerleader. I dont get its overwhelming popularity, I think it was a good eppisode but nowhere near as good as bowling- a true classic in my mind. Discuss :D
More than anything, it probably has to do with who responded to the poll. Still, Cheerleader is a very likeable episode because there's a "feel-good" quality to it that's missing from most other girl friend episodes. The girl is pretty and nice, Reese at least tries to be nice, and, at the end, he more or less "gets" the girl. There are some very funny Malcolm/Reese moments ("does this look anything like a Q?"), a sex talk in which Hal is very funny without resorting to exaggerated histrionics, and a very funny Dewey story (Herbie the doll.) It's also the first episode that broke through the Malcolm-centered balance of boy characters prevalent in season one and established Reese and Dewey as focuses of interest, which is the direction the show has followed since.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I'm sure if we had people just pick which one they like more, bowling or cheerleader, most people would pick bowling. But if you think of them as a "girlfriend episode", like we are doing here, Cheerleader is much more endearing. Bowling is just the boys trying to make out with a hot girl. In Cheerleader, Reese really likes a girl and is trying really hard to get her to like him, but just can't figure out how because he's so hopeless. Plus, instead of Malcolm and Reese competing, Malcolm is helping Reese in Cheerleader. It's an episode that makes you go "awwwwww". That's probably why people liked it more, as a "girlfriend episode".

ahhhhh, I see your point, I suppose if it is viewed like that, the whole 'girlfriend' concept is far more dominant in cheerleader than in bowling, and there is a greater level of sentimentality, whereas bowling is more about lois and hal.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Regarding Stereo Store, I have two words.....

Tijuana Carwash!
-I'd love to set up one of those things for the next party I host.

I don't think i did this poll before but i put Cheerleader, who likes that episode? I agree with Dewey, at my party i was thinking of the tijuana too!! Rock on Dewey!